Arkansas Early Learning , Inc. West Memphis, AR
- Posted: over a month ago
Arkansas Early Learning is an equal employment opportunity employer and selects the best-matched individual for the job, based upon job-related qualifications, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under state, federal or local law.
Ensure and provide comprehensive Head Start services to children and their families. Use the center environment to assist staff with creating rich learning opportunities that build on daily routines and support each child's development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a working telephone, cell phone or pager.
- Must have a valid Driver's License with immediate access to a legally insured vehicle.
- Must be able to drive an automobile, full size pick-up, and a van.
- Must at least have auto liability insurance and must keep it current.
- Must consent to and pass an initial health examination.
- Must maintain a current TB Screening.
- Must consent to and pass state felony, Central Registry Check, and/or FBI background check when applicable.
- Must consent to and pass agency drug testing.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or be enrolled in a Child Development Associate Credential program to be completed within 2 years of hire. Experience working with preschool children preferred.
- Assistant Teacher must have or acquire a Child Development Associate (CDA).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to parents, and employees of the agency.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and involved written or oral instructions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general knowledge of a personal computer, Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel, the Internet and email software. In addition an individual should be able to operate various office machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 10-30 pounds, and occasionally 50 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
POSITION: Assistant Teacher
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Arkansas Early Learning, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established to serve the needs of children and families throughout the State of Arkansas.