Arkansas Children?s Hospital (ACH) and the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine within the Department of Pediatrics at University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) in Little Rock, Arkansas is seeking Pediatric Emergency Medicine board-certified or board-eligible physicians as clinical or core faculty.
- ACH Emergency Department houses 38 beds, including 4 state-of-the-art trauma bays, with a yearly census of just under 60,000 patients.
- Nationally designated Level 1 trauma facility and is the only pediatric component of an organized and effective state trauma system.
- PEM faculty work eight-hour shifts and average 12-13 shifts per month with an optional opportunity for extra clinical time.
- The ED has double attending physician coverage 24 hours per day with 3-6 attending physicians and/or APRN coverage during peak hours.
- PEM fellows as well as pediatric and emergency medicine resident physicians also staff the ED under attending physician supervision.
- Currently subsists of 12 PEM physicians, 11 Pediatric physician, and 6 APRN?s
- Established PEM fellowship and a dedicated research coordinator offer opportunities for additional clinical teaching and research mentorship.
- UAMS offers multiple tracks for promotion and/or tenure including Clinical Attending, Clinician-Educator and Clinician-Scientist.
- Aside from a robust clinical practice for young faculty, multiple growth and leadership opportunities exist within the PEM Division including EMS outreach, clinical research, quality improvement activities, educational programs, and the development of an ultrasound program