Laboratory Technician In Training
- Posted: over a month ago
Arkana Laboratories is an esoteric pathology practice seeking individuals as laboratory technicians in training who are interested in caring for patients behind the scenes. The ideal candidate should be ready to train in a pathology laboratory performing light microscopy, immunofluorescence, electron microscopy, immunohistochemistry and multiple other tests to make a diagnosis required to treat patients.
What you'll be doing:
In this paid training opportunity, you will learn to handle and process tissue in an anatomic pathology laboratory with a full-time trainer. You will be trained on all the aspects of handling the tissue and making it ready for assessment by our team of pathologists. You will also learn to operate laboratory equipment including, but not limited to, cryostats, microtomes and ultra-microtomes. You will be introduced to the techniques of scoping using one of our 5 transmissions electron microscopes. You will get multiple opportunities to work with our lab team and learn from their valuable experience. You will learn the needed skills to become eligible to get certified as a laboratory histotechnologist. After finishing one year of training and upon meeting qualifying standards, you will be promoted to Arkana Lab Tech 1 position.
What you'll bring to the table:
- Passion for science and learning
- Great team working skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's or Associates degree from a four or two year college or university in Biology or Chemistry.
- Must meet ASCP education requirements of having a total of 12 semester hours of chemistry and biology combined.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
What we'll bring to the table:
- 401(k) with match
- Fully paid health insurance for you and your family
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Wellness plan
AddressLittle Rock, AR
HealthcareView all jobs at Arkana Labs