GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The hired Project Coordinator (Health Coach) will work closely with Phoenix VA medical providers and the American Heart Association (AHA) to design and evaluate strategies to improve lipids management among veterans at high risk of Cardiovascular (CV) events to reduce event such as stroke, heart attack and death. Strategies that the Project Coordinator will help to evaluated will include: a) identifying barriers to care including improve awareness and education regarding cholesterol management to Veterans with CV disease so they seek evaluation, b) improve healthcare provider’s understanding of treatment guidelines for CV disease to emphasize the urgent need for intervention, and c) set lipid targets for high-risk Veterans to help prioritize CV care and reduce clinical inertia by using high intensity statins and combination therapy.
The purpose the VALOR QI (Veteran Affairs Lipid Optimization Reimagined Quality Improvement) Initiative is to develop and implement a novel lipid optimization program focused on Veterans at high risk of Cardiovascular (CV) events at selected VA medical center including VA Phoenix Healthcare System. VALOR-QI will comprehensively assess potential barriers and enabling factors for: 1) veterans, 2) health care practitioners treating Veterans, and 3) the VA Healthcare System in the management of CV disease. The project coordinator could be assisting with initiatives across multiple projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Project Coordinator will assist Phoenix VA medical providers and the American Heart Association (AHA) in the design and evaluate strategies to improve lipids management among veterans at high risk of Cardiovascular (CV) events.
- Develop and disseminate Veteran educational materials and resources
- Develop and deploy various Veteran engagement modalities (medication adherence apps, checklist for office visits, etc.)
- Deploy a Veteran CV education campaign catered to the Phoenix VA Veteran population to encourage enrollment and engagement in program (ex. a pin/logo, t-shirts, or positive reinforcement techniques, pending appropriate approvals)
- Develop and integrate a Veteran engagement survey to track progress of shared-decision making techniques and understanding of CV Disease-related risk/treatment strategies
- Responsible to engage a certain identified number of Veterans into VALOR-QI
- Provide feedback and reports to the Boston VA Coordinating Center
- Attend and engage with AHA through the Learning Collaboratives for further integration and dissemination of quality improvement strategies
- Follow center standard operating procedures and demonstrate knowledge of and compliance with Good Clinical Practice standards
- Protect patient and scientific confidentiality by ensuring security of research data and protected health information
- Establish and guarantee effective and clear communications between operational teams on project specific issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- At least a bachelor level education
- At least 2+ years of experience in research project coordination or work in healthcare setting preferred
- Professional writing, reporting and excellent communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly to the changing demands of the organization.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee must be a resident of Arizona upon start date.
If you are male application born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law.
The physical demands described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No travel is expected for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire and periodic reappointment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
AVREF provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absences, compensation, and training.
Arizona Veterans Research and Education FoundationPhoenix, AZ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.