The Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) is seeking a Senior Equity Analyst to play an important role on the Public Equity Team. The incumbent will provide quantitative analysis for ongoing projects and reports with a focus on portfolio management, including portfolio implementation and risk.
• Assists in employing quantitative methods to assess attractiveness of investments
• Provides analysis in key areas including risk monitoring, and risk/return optimizations
• Assists with portfolio management processes including trade reconciliation, reporting and other operational activities
• Provides monitoring and potential investment solutions to the assessment of absolute and/or relative performance
• Provides ex-ante and ex-post return analysis at various levels in the portfolio investment implementation
• Analyzes approaches to solving investment problems, quantifying results, and recommending practical implementation approaches
• Works collaboratively across a number of functional areas within ASRS
• Works closely with custodial bank and other external vendors
• Participates in the evaluation and implementation of fund-level, portfolio level, and equity-specific portfolio management systems such as MSCI Barra
The ideal candidate will have:
• Relevant Master’s degree
• CFA and/or FRM or other appropriate professional investment designation or progress towards designation
• 4+ years’ experience working in quantitative finance, applied in an investment process with an institutional investor
• High-level math skills
• Advanced analytical and quantitative skills
• Advanced R/Python programming skills
• Creativity and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, and commitment to excellence
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Robust and affordable insurance plans (medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options)
- A top-ranked retirement program
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Accrued vacation and sick days
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
- Work-life balance supported by flexible work hours, telework, and Monday thru Friday work weeks
- The opportunity to participate in deferred compensation, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- Rewarding work that benefits the people of Arizona
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligible employer
- Opportunity performance incentives
Please visit benefitoptions.az.gov to learn more about benefits offered to our employees. The Arizona State Retirement System is located in midtown Phoenix, within walking distance of Light Rail. We also provide free covered parking. We offer a stable work environment and an atmosphere that fosters a healthy work-life balance.
HOW TO APPLY:
Current employees are to apply through the Opportunities link in the MAP application.
External applicants apply online at Azstatejobs.gov, Job ID 55119, or vial ZipRecruiter.
* Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
* All newly hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
* Candidates selected for hire will be subject to a background investigation to include credit and criminal history.
* The Arizona State Retirement System does not provide sponsorship for this position.
* Possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment may be required. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
* Employment may be contingent upon completion of a post-offer medical/physical examination and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.