Compensation: $16.35/hr. + Excellent Benefits + Great Work-Life Balance (No nights, no weekends, no sales)
Hourly rate may be raised to $16.82/hour after meeting the following criteria: completing 4 weeks of classroom/hands-on training, passing written test, and becoming certified by mentor.
The Member Services Division of the Arizona State Retirement System is seeking highly motivated professionals to fill four full-time call center positions in its Member Advisory Center.
- Providing World Class Customer Service to callers
- Assisting retirement system members by explaining complex system policies and procedures in an inbound call center environment
- Counseling members on the impact of their retirement decisions
- Answering and rectifying member account questions/concerns
- Assisting members with accessing their online account information
- Servicing member accounts
- Explaining benefit calculations
- Researching member inquiries
- Providing member account support to divisions within ASRS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Candidates will have 1-2 years customer service or call center experience
- 1-2 years’ experience effectively explaining complex system policies and procedures to members over the phone
- 1-2 years of experience demonstrating the ability to interact with the public in engaging, friendly, and helpful manner
- Proven experience meeting stated objectives with accuracy
- Proven experience with oral and written communication skills
- Established analytical, computer, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Proven ability to grasp and interpret knowledge quickly
- Experience effectively working in a team environment and meeting team objectives
- Displayed the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and judgment
- Preferred candidate will be bilingual in English and Spanish
- Preferred candidate will have earned or be actively working toward a Bachelor’s degree
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Robust and affordable insurance plans (medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options)
- A top-ranked retirement program with employer matched contribution
- 10 paid holidays per year * Accrued vacation and sick days
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
- Work-life balance supported by flexible work hours, telework, and Monday thru Friday work weeks
- The opportunity to participate in deferred compensation, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- Rewarding work that benefits the people of Arizona
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness eligible employer
- Opportunity for Goal-Based and Spot Incentives
The Arizona State Retirement System is located in midtown Phoenix, within walking distance of the Light Rail. We also provide free covered parking. We offer a stable work environment and an atmosphere that fosters a healthy work-life balance.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online at Azstatejobs.gov, Job ID 49211, via ZipRecruiter, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Retirement Advisor” in the subject line of the email. Posting will close August 16, 2019.
- Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
All newly hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Candidates selected for hire will be subject to a background investigation to include credit and criminal history.