WordPress Developer and Designer (Phoenix-Area Only)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We're looking for a full-time WordPress website designer and developer to join our team. You must live in the Phoenix, AZ area, but will only be required to work one day a week in our Scottsdale office. The rest of the role is work from home.
This position will be responsible for working on our internal website properties, providing expert design/development support for our WordPress websites, as well as leading new website build projects for our external clients. This position has no direct reports, but you'll work with a collaborative team of digital marketers with graphic design, video, and content marketing expertise. We also work with a network of freelance contractors who can support your work during larger buildout projects.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested in this role, please apply with a cover letter, your resume, and links to 3+ sample website projects you've managed both design and development for. Your application will not be considered if you don't send these samples.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
You may be a good fit for this role if you have proven and dedicated experience:
- Designing new WordPress sites from the ground-up, from initial site maps to live builds
- Developing WordPress websites from themes or custom builds
- Managing multiple website build projects at once
- Setting up custom WordPress integrations with internal tools
- Maintaining and updating internal/external web applications
- Managing security and hosting needs
- Building websites with attention to UX/UI, SEO, and accessibility requirements
The best candidates will be able to lead the design/development process with new clients, create detailed project timelines to manage simultaneous builds, and manage freelance resources. You'll have an extensive portfolio of websites, specifically in the healthcare or wellness field.
That being said, we know a job description can only communicate so much. We encourage you to apply if you think you may be a good fit but don't exactly match the requirements stated here. Above all else, we're looking for someone to join the team who has an eye for design, the organizational skills to manage multiple projects, and the technical know-how to build websites.
WHY TO APPLY
We pride ourselves on our patient-first approach. You'll join a team that's committed to changing the lives of people who suffer from severe and debilitating chronic pain. Our digital marketing efforts are key to that, with a strong education focus so patients can better understand their diagnoses and treatment options. Finally, we aren't looking for a website "ninja" or "guru." We value and prioritize work-life balance and wellness on our team.
Salary is dependent on experience and the skills you bring to the role, but ranges from $55,000 to $95,000 per year. If hired full-time, 80% of role can be done remotely, but we do require one in-office day per week in our Scottsdale office.
We offer a full suite of benefits, including:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Employer contribution to HSA-enrolled employees
- Life insurance
- Long- and short-term disability enrollment options
- A 401(k) program
- Competitive paid-time off policy
- Flexible work schedules
- Expert knowledge of WordPress, including experience with custom themes, new site build, and ongoing management
- Craft beautifully-designed websites with an eye for UX/UI and accessibility
- Mockup wire frames and websites in Adobe Photoshop or other design program for client review
- Create fast, modern, and mobile-first WordPress site designs that function across browsers and mobile devices
- Manage technical SEO tasks during site design and development
- Ability to manage priorities based on current project needs and effectively communicate project updates
- Ability to effectively estimate time and project requirements
- 3+ years of WordPress experience
- 2 years of cross-browser compatibility with modern HTML and CSS standards
- Experience developing or modifying WordPress themes, plugins, etc.
- Experience creating and updating PHP/MySQL based web applications
- Experience with Google Analytics, Search Console, and Tag Manager
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Superb organization and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor
- Ability to work both independently managing multiple projects, as well as collaboratively working with leaders of other functions areas to achieve common goals
- Ability to effectively explain complex and technical details in an approachable way to non-tech audiences
- Ability to drive results in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to identify and proactively solve problems
- Ability to thrive in a client-focused environment
- Ability to demonstrate our core values and performance principles of leadership, integrity, kindness, excellence, and service
Get fresh Wordpress Website Designer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.