The Special Assets Officer II is responsible for supporting all aspects of loan servicing for troubled Commercial and SBA assets of Arizona Federal Credit Union. Daily responsibilities include workout, overview, and review of all Commercial, Residential, and SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loans.
- Responsible for management of the credit union’s commercial loan portfolio that is in a troubled loan status.
- Communicate directly with Borrowers / Guarantors for collection of required items
- Provide regularly updates to the Chief Credit Officer and Member Business Loan Committee on all troubled loans and Special Assets as far as their disposition and resolution
- Maintain and manage all OREO property
- Maintain strong communication with Accounting/Finance will any restructuring or modification of troubled loans and Special Assets.
High school diploma or GED and 3-5 years’ experience managing a portfolio of troubled Commercial and SBA assets. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and JHA. In-depth knowledge of commercial and SBA lending along with compliance and credit regulations. Professional written, verbal communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to produce quality work within tight time frames while managing multiple assignments. Strong work ethic, the ability to prioritize and adapt to changing deadlines, advanced interpersonal skills, excellent communication, and the desire to work as a team to support the overall success of the Bank. Persons in this position must possess a strong knowledge base about conventional, SBA 7(a) and SBA 504 loan programs, policies and procedures.
Commercial and SBA underwriting experience
Commercial loan servicing experience
College degree or relevant financial services industry experience
- Occasional lifting, 25 lbs. or less.
- Sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Working on a computer for extended periods of time.
NOTE: The requirements listed in the above qualifications and physical requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, physical demands or work environment required or encountered that must be met by an employee to successfully perform each duty and each function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions
Arizona Federal Credit Union
Why Work Here?
As a local not-for-profit financial institution, we work to better the lives of our members and employees.