We are currently looking for an experienced Front and Back Office Medical Assistant to join our practice located at I-10 and 12th Street in Central Phoenix.
Under the direction of the Practice Manager, the Front and Back Office Medical Assistant will perform clinical and administrative duties for the patient’s clinical care. Some tasks are assigned by a physician and may include, rooming patients, taking patient telephone calls of a clinical nature, recording vital signs, and taking medical histories. This position will also be responsible for the overall organization of the practice as well as welcoming and greeting patients and visitors in person and over the phone. The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or GED with at least 2 years’ experience in a medical office environment. Experience in the field of Gastroenterology or Internal Medicine is a plus.
*An equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed below, may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The Front and Back Office Medical Assistant will work closely with other medical office personnel to:
- Answer incoming calls
- Greet patients and vendors
- Check patients in and out
- Schedule test procedures such as MRIs
- Manage the revenue cycle by collecting co-pays and past due balances
- Room patients, take vital signs, and record patient information into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) using proper charting procedures.
- Follow up with patients regarding lab test results
- Maintain cleanliness of the exam rooms and required instruments for a clinical exam. Must report any equipment issues to the manager.
- Answer questions and explain any ordered tests, procedures, or diets
- Assist physician with the clinical exam including handing over instruments or documenting in the EMR.
- Prepare and administer injections as directed by the physician
- Coordinate new and prescription refills with the pharmacy and the patient
- Preparation or collection of lab specimens (blood, urine, feces) as necessary utilizing proper handling procedures
- Scheduling follow up procedures or visits for patients
- Plans and organizes own workload and assists co-workers with any work related to the functions of the department.
- Supports the overall goals of the company.
- Adheres to all workplace policies; i.e. dress standards and attendance
- Perform other job related duties as requested or required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience and knowledge of medical terminology
- Above average computer skills
- Certificate from accredited Medical Assisting program
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
Arizona Digestive Health offers competitive pay and an array of benefits (for full-time employees) including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and a Health Savings Account both with company contribution, and Paid Time Off. Corporate Discounts through a variety of vendors, including Verizon, Sprint, Best Buy, Lowes, Kohl's, Cinemark, Avis, etc. and Paid Sick Time offered to ALL employees.