Endocrinology Medical Assistant, Northwest Tucson, Az
- $1 to $2 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Medical Assistant - Endocrinology
Arizona Community Physicians is seeking an experienced Medical Assistant to support our Endocrinology office. This position is available in an out-patient physician office located in Northwest Tucson. Applicants do not need to have endocrinology-specific experience, but it is preferred they have experience as a general Medical Assistant. We can train on how to perform the endocrine-specific duties as needed.
What do Endocrinologists do? Endocrinologists specialize in glands and the hormones they produce which affect important processes that control metabolism, blood pressure, cholesterol, hunger, thirst, body temperature and more.
What will our Medical Assistant - Endocrinology do? In addition to general medical assisting duties, our Endocrinologist Medical Assistant role will also perform some special endocrinology-support tasks which provides a great opportunity to grow your experience and contribute to patient care in new ways!
Example of endocrine-specific responsibilities include:
· Completing prior authorizations for patients with medical insurance companies to support special medication needs – this includes completing and managing authorizations electronically and through paper processing.
· Processing orders for patient imaging scans to help with diagnosis and treatment plans.
· Downloading data from patient glucose monitors.
· Showing patients how to self-administer medicine though injections as needed.
What you bring to the job:
· Medical assisting competency and skills
· Desire and skills to effectively collaborate and provide excellent patient care
· Organizational skills to effectively track and deliver patient care and to manage workflow
· Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families
· Ability to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation
· Competency with establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
· Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications
· Proficiency in typing and good spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, and confirming purpose of visit.
· Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
· Secures patient information by completing and safeguarding medical records, completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding, and keeping patient information confidential.
· Completes specimen labeling and routing, ancillary referrals, documentation, supply and pharmaceutical ordering, consent forms and waivers.
· Maintains organized system for timely call backs, related documentation, and follow-through.
· Accurately and thoroughly records patient concerns, phone triage and medication refills in medical record.
· Reviews appointment schedules in advance to anticipate problems with patient flow. Prior to appointments, reviews medical records to ensure most recent dictation and lab results are filed.
· Communicates effectively with front office staff regarding same day appointments, changes to schedule and related issues.
· Performs other indirect patient services and clerical duties to facilitate the overall management of patient.
If you meet the minimum qualifications:
· A High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (G.E.D.)
· A Medical Assistant Certificate from an approved and accredited educational institution.
· Competitive pay
· 401(k) with Employer Match and Profit-Sharing Retirement Plan
· Employer-paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Supplemental/Voluntary Insurances: Short Term Disability, Life, AD&D, Accident; Hospital, Critical Illness with Cancer Coverage
· Medical Plans: PPO and HDHP w/ Health Savings Account (HSA) including Employer Contribution
· Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
· Employee Assistance Programs
· Paid Time Off including Paid Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
Arizona Community PhysiciansTucson, AZ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.