Vice President of Infrastructure and State Broadband Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At the Arizona Commerce Authority (ACA), we are collaborating with businesses, federal, state, tribal, and local governments, and academic leaders to transform Arizona’s economy. We are doing this by curating an ecosystem of innovators, cutting-edge technologies, disruptive technology ventures, and industries of the future with modern infrastructure that serves all citizens of Arizona. The Infrastructure Investment & Jobs Act (IIJA) creates an unprecedented opportunity for infrastructure investment. The State Broadband Director will play a leading role at the ACA to deploy and execute initiatives that leverage these and other funds to deploy broadband infrastructure that enables economic development statewide.
The Broadband Director will have administrative and operational responsibility of the agency’s Broadband unit. The position will also provide leadership and vision in advancing Arizona’s broadband program, including collaborating with key stakeholders on broadband issues and securing funding for Arizona related to broadband deployment and adoption. The ideal candidate will possess a background in the telecommunications industry, with knowledge of economic development, public administration and public affairs.
- Provide leadership and vision in advancing Arizona’s broadband program
- Develop strategies to advance Arizona’s economic development goals with broadband infrastructure enabling commercial expansion and technology adoption
- Serve as the State’s primary representative and liaison to broadband agencies of the Federal government
- Organize and facilitate regional broadband coalitions
- Act as the agency’s primary contact and serve as an information clearinghouse for broadband-related stakeholders
- Assist interested stakeholders in developing broadband deployment plans in partnership with economic development practitioners, private Internet Service Providers and/or consultants
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the state’s communities, economic development partners, potential funding agencies and other associated allies
- Provide technical assistance statewide to broadband and economic development stakeholders
- Effectively administer the state’s broadband grants programs that will leverage federal grants like the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) Broadband Equity Access and Deployment (BEAD) and Digital Equity funds.
- Develop and deliver presentations to senior level leaders and decision makers as needed
- Deliver accurate and appropriate responses when engaging external stakeholders
- Work with communications staff to effectively convey activity and accomplishments both internally and externally on a regular basis
- Maintain and update prospect account files and contacts within a CRM system of record (Salesforce)
- Manage day-to-day activities of the state broadband unit
- Frequent intrastate travel required, with occasional interstate travel
- Assist with special events
- Experience in telecommunications required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Engineering, Economic Development, Finance, or a related field required;
- At least 4 years’ experience working with large capital improvement or infrastructure programs, as a private sector contractor, service provider, or public administrator required;
- At least 4 years' management experience directing day-to-day operation of programs and project management required;
- Demonstrated experience initiating and managing the life-cycle of broadband or infrastructure projects - from ideation to design, funding to implementation and completion;
- Demonstrated experience with capital improvement planning (CIP) and budgeting at the local, regional, or state level, as a private sector contractor, service provider, or public administrator;
- Demonstrated experience coordinating the technical aspects of projects with governmental departments – e.g. public safety, public facilities, public works, transportation, utilities, and others;
- Demonstrated experience serving on committees, panels, technical review teams, or task forces with exposure to public transparency;
- Experience directing staff in the day-to-day operation of programs and project management preferred;
- Experience overseeing stakeholder grants and contracts to ensure timely project delivery preferred.
The ACA is overseen by a public-private sector board composed of Arizona leaders in business and policy. The board is chaired by Arizona Governor Doug Ducey. Joining him on the board is a group of prestigious private-sector business leaders, elected officials and university presidents.
The ACA’s executive management team drives the organization’s day-to-day operations, ensuring it maintains focus on the recruitment of quality companies and jobs to the state of Arizona. This team brings together the best and brightest in economic development, management and communications.
Arizona Commerce Authority
Get fresh VP Infrastructure jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.