- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The ACA’s Content Strategist is well-versed in storytelling and identifying unique ways to showcase the state’s value proposition across a variety of channels and diverse audiences. Responsible for the development, implementation and on-going management of the organization’s content needs, this position also requires strong analytical skills with the ability to connect and influence stakeholders and decision makers by effectively articulating data, industry insights and more.
While the position does require strong writing skills, the role of Content Strategist includes the architecture of multi-dimensional content experiences across integrated platforms and channels. The individual in this role must stay informed of the latest industry trends across the ACA’s target industries and next-gen trends, but also within the ACA’s diverse and expansive suite of programs from workforce and small business to venture development and international trade and nearly every division in the organization. This role is responsible for championing the storylines across these divisions and segments to make a powerful impact through the innovative means of content delivery and understand what and when to feature high-value content from one segment to the next.
The Content Strategist manages the digital content for websites and email marketing campaigns and helps support the content necessary for strategic proposals and initiatives. Additionally, this role will develop content for social media, video, ACA events, print collateral, webpages, and various executive support needs. This position works closely with the Communications Director and Art Director to manage ACA’s comprehensive content library which includes setting a specific cadence to update web pages, collateral, proposal templates and more with the most up-to-date data, reports and information available to ensure ACA is positioned as the premier economic development and industry-specific information engine on behalf of the state of Arizona and the nation.
- Create, improve, and maintain ACA’s content across diverse platforms.
- Ideate, develop, and architect trailblazing content strategies that deliver a high-impact and understanding of ACA’s key communication points.
- Develop and maintain content editorial calendars in partnership with the Public Relations Director, Communications Director and other MarComm support roles.
- Manage and optimize ACA website properties, keeping the website up-to-date and enhancing the content management system and suite of web templates for efficiency.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts within and outside of the organization.
- Optimize and manage existing templates across a suite of services.
- Increase website, email, and social media engagement.
- Analyzes performance data and optimizes based on key insights derived from the metrics.
- Increase performance of demand-gen initiatives.
- Help develop copy for paid, owned, and earned media initiatives.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Strong writing skills with ability to recognize and adopt different styles and tones
- Extremely detail oriented
- Dynamic comprehension, organization, and prioritization skills required
- Solid time management and multitasking skills, with the ability to manage various competing deadlines
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Knows various content platforms including Pardot, Umbraco, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube
- Able to think through a situation and solve a puzzle with only half the pieces
- Advertising or PR agency, newsroom, our journalism experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or journalism preferred
Salary depending on experience.
The ACA is overseen by a public-private sector board composed of Arizona leaders in business and policy. The board is chaired by Arizona Governor Doug Ducey. Joining him on the board is a group of prestigious private-sector business leaders, elected officials and university presidents.
The ACA’s executive management team drives the organization’s day-to-day operations, ensuring it maintains focus on the recruitment of quality companies and jobs to the state of Arizona. This team brings together the best and brightest in economic development, management and communications.
Arizona Commerce Authority
The Arizona Commerce Authority (ACA) is the state's leading economic development organization with a streamlined mission to grow and strengthen Arizona’s economy. The ACA uses a three-pronged approach to advance the overall economy: recruit, grow, create – recruit out-of-state companies to expand their operations in Arizona; work with existing companies to grow their business in Arizona and beyond; and partner with entrepreneurs and companies large and small to create new jobs and businesses in targeted industries. The ACA is overseen by a public-private sector board composed of Arizona leaders in business and policy. The board is chaired by Arizona Governor Doug Ducey. Joining him on the board is a group of prestigious private-sector business leaders, elected officials and university presidents. The ACA’s executive management team drives the organization’s day-to-day operations, ensuring it maintains focus on the recruitment of quality companies and jobs to the state of Arizona. This team brings together the best and brightest in economic development, management and communications.
BusinessView all jobs at Arizona Commerce Authority