Vice President, Operations
Arizona College Phoenix, AZ
- Expired: August 14, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Arizona College is a fast growing and nationally accredited healthcare institution looking to add highly capable and entrepreneurial minded individuals to our growing team. With eight campuses across Arizona, Nevada, Florida, and Texas, we are poised to capitalize on the growing demand for nurses and other healthcare professionals.
Putting students first, we are dedicated to providing students with an exceptional education in growing healthcare fields; teaching them relevant, required skills for today and the future. Our culture is positive, supportive, and collaborative. As a team, we continually embrace our core values:
Passion - We love helping others succeed.
Excellence - We strive to be the best.
Adaptability - We learn, in part by trying new ideas.
Accountability - We own our results.
Integrity - We do the right thing.
How Will You Be Contributing?
The Vice President of Operations (VPO) oversees the academic operations of campuses in their assigned region. The VPO utilizes expertise and business acumen to improve processes, act as a liaison between the campus and corporate office and achieve exceptional student outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide operational oversight of the professional nursing program for multiple Arizona College of Nursing campuses.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train Executive Directors of Academic Operations (EDAO) on each campus in the assigned region.
- Manage direct reports including conducting 1:1s, Quarterly Check-Ins, Performance Management, and offering Training and Development. Focused on achieving high employee satisfaction.
- Obtain, review, and recommend improvements for quality indicators, including enrollment, retention, placement, NCLEX pass rates, and compliance audits for the campuses.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and meet Wildly Important Goals (WIGs) while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Perform cap-ex and operational budget planning for campuses in the region and ensures that P&L goals for each campus are achieved.
- Oversee facility planning to provide an environment conducive to learning with a specific focus on adequate space planning for student and faculty areas, parking, security, emergency response, business continuity, maintenance, facilities budget, and furniture/supply orders.
- Connect EDAO with appropriate corporate resources to ensure that student records and administrative policies are compliant with the those of our regulatory bodies and the College's SOPs.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Present periodic performance reports and metrics to the chief operating officer and other leadership.
- Cultivate a student-centric culture that is aligned with the college's mission, vision, purpose, and values. Promotes effective communication and collaboration across the campuses in the region focused on high student satisfaction
- General Operations
- Promptly notify corporate office of all legal issues.
- Notify supervisor of any personnel changes at management level.
- Ensure EDAOs are training and supervising employees for optimum effectiveness.
- Provide positive leadership to build employee morale.
- Resolve any student complaints that campus-level management has not been able to resolve.
Other duties as assigned.
Time to Impress Us:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred, Bachelors' degree required.
- Five years' experience including two years in upper management required
What We Are Offering You:
- Competitive pay and opportunities for professional development.
- Dynamic organizational culture within a supportive working environment.
- Rest and relaxation with generous PTO and holiday benefits.
- Robust health and welfare benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, and vision.
- Preparation for the future with a 401(k) and company match.
For consideration, only online applications will be accepted.
Our schools prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law.
BusinessView all jobs at Arizona College