General Education Adjunct Faculty - English
Arizona College Dallas, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Arizona College is seeking a General Education Adjunct - English. This position will be located at our Dallas, Texas Campus.
Why Should You Work with Us?
Arizona College is a fast growing and nationally accredited healthcare institution looking to add highly capable and entrepreneurial minded individuals to our growing team. With eight campuses across Arizona, Nevada, Florida, and Texas, we are poised to capitalize on the growing demand for nurses and other healthcare professionals.
Putting students first, we are dedicated to providing students with an exceptional education in growing healthcare fields; teaching them relevant, required skills for today and the future. Our culture is positive, supportive, and collaborative. As a team, we continually embrace our core values:
PassionWe approach every interaction with positive energy and compassion.
ExcellenceWe exceed the expectations of quality education.
AdaptabilityWe are open to ideas and support changes that improve the college.
AccountabilityWe keep commitments and own our actions.
IntegrityWe do the right thing.
How Will You Be Contributing?
Reporting to the Dean of General Education, your main responsibility will be teaching courses in accordance with college and departmental policies and procedures by creating a dynamic learning environment conducive to student engagement in a classroom/online hybrid setting.
This overview represents major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of the position, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Commitment to Arizona College is on a course by course basis.
What We Need from You:
We have an amazing team, so we want to make sure our standards are upheld. We've listed below the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position:
- Unparalleled subject matter expertise in area of study.
- Working knowledge of instructional theory and basic education principles, practices, and methodologies.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Must be an excellent and active listener, consistent, reflective and self-aware.
- Possess a professional and collaborative demeanor with the heart of a teacher.A personality that has the ability to address and resolve conflicts with integrity and compassion, and that can actively develop effective relationships at all levels.
- Superior ability to communicate persuasively, effectively and thoughtfully, to promote collaboration and teamwork, and to engender trust and respect. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written abilities.
- Exceptional ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in an extremely dynamic environment.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
Time to Impress Us:
We're proud of our experienced team so we're looking for someone with a background that can match. The required qualifications for this role are:
- A Master's degree with a minimum of 15 or more graduate credit hours earned directly in course subject; a Doctorate degree is considered highly advantageous.
- Minimum of one year of prior teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
- Computer literacy with Canvas, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, and the Internet.
What We Are Offering You:
- Competitive pay and opportunities for professional development.
- Dynamic organizational culture within a supportive working environment.
- Rest and relaxation with paid sick leave and holiday benefits.
- Preparation for the future with a 401(k) and company match.
For consideration, only online applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.
Our schools prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro