Nursing Faculty - Didactic/Skills Lab/Clinical
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Arizona College of Nursing is seeking a knowledgeable, engaging, and hands-on instructor to join us as a full-time faculty member at our Ontario, California, campus!
Arizona College of Nursing is a rapidly growing, nursing school that transforms people's lives by preparing them for careers in nursing and improving communities through the care its graduates provide. As a leading nurse educator, Arizona College of Nursing offers students the opportunity to earn a bachelor's in nursing in 3 years or less with qualified transfer credits. Our quality nursing curriculum prepares students for an in-demand career to help communities overcome the chronic, well-known, and increasing nursing shortage. Through the execution of a targeted growth strategy, the college plans to meet the growing demand for nurses by launching campuses in markets where bachelor's prepared nurses are needed.
Putting students first, we are dedicated to providing students with an exceptional education in growing healthcare fields; teaching them relevant, required skills for today and the future. Our culture is positive, supportive, and collaborative. As a team, we continually embrace our core values:
Passion: We love helping others succeed.
Excellence: We strive to be the best.
Adaptability: We learn, in part by trying new ideas.
Accountability: We own our results.
Integrity: We do the right thing
What You'll Do:
Reporting to the Dean of Nursing, your main responsibility will be leveraging your expertise to deliver educational services to Arizona College students in the classroom and skills laboratory as well as at our clinical partners.
- Delivering high-quality instruction through the planning and implementation of effective learning strategies and environments
- Evaluating student knowledge and progression utilizing a wide array of assessment tools
- Actively participating in program evaluation and the systematic plan for curriculum design
- Promoting student success through growth-based feedback, timely communication, and the implementation of diverse learning strategies; Providing academic advising and/or tutoring services as needed
- Actively participating in faculty committees and meetings as well as attending campus events such as, but not limited to, graduations, orientations, and events
This overview represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of the position, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
What We Need from You:
We have an amazing team, so we want to make sure our standards are upheld. We've listed below the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) required; If the graduate degree is not in nursing, must have a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) and a graduate degree in a related discipline from an accredited program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)*
- A minimum of three (3) years' work experience as a professional registered nurse providing direct patient care
- Previous experience teaching in a registered nursing program at a college or university is required; Must meet California Board of Nursing (BRN) faculty requirements
- Holds a current unencumbered California state professional registered nurse license
- Certified Nurse Educator certification and national certification in the area of nursing specialty are preferred
- Maintains professional competence/expertise in teaching through activities such as nursing practice, continuing education programs, conferences, workshops, seminars, academic courses, research projects, and professional writing
- A professional demeanor and the heart of a teacher. This includes the ability to effectively function within an educational environment that fosters student learning and engagement in nursing practice
- A high degree of professionalism and discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically, and adapting communication for the audience
- Exceptional ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in an extremely dynamic environment
- Ability to think critically by applying problem-solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- *Subject to state BON/BRN regulation where the student is located
When requested, candidates shall provide evidence of education and experience necessary to indicate that they are competent to teach a given course and develop and evaluate student admission, progression, retention, and graduation policies within the framework of the controlling institution.
What We Are Offering You:
- Competitive pay and opportunities for professional development
- Dynamic organizational culture within a supportive working environment
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Rest and relaxation with paid sick leave and holiday benefits
- Preparation for the future with a 401(k) and company match
Only online applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.
Our schools prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Arizona College of Nursing
EducationView all jobs at Arizona College of Nursing