General Education Adjunct - Microbiology
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Arizona College of Nursing is seeking a General Education Adjunct - Microbiology.
This position will be located at our Phoenix, Arizona Campus.
Why Should You Work with Us?
Arizona College of Nursing is a rapidly growing organization focused on providing students the opportunity to change their lives through education. Our high quality, academically challenging BSN program prepares students for in-demand nursing jobs in communities across the nation. Driving our growth is the desire to address the nations nursing shortage while providing students the opportunity to pursue their dreams and passion. With eleven campuses across six states, the college is poised to become one of the leading providers of nursing graduates to the healthcare workforce.
Our culture is built around a shared commitment to provide students the resources, education, and support they need to be successful. As a team, we continually embrace our core values and hold each other accountable for living them every day. These shared values are:
Passion: We love helping others succeed.
Excellence: We strive to be the best.
Adaptability: We learn, in part by trying new ideas.
Accountability: We own our results.
Integrity: We do the right thing
How Will You Be Contributing?
Reporting to the Dean of General Education, your main responsibility will be teaching courses in accordance with college and departmental policies and procedures by creating a dynamic learning environment conducive to student engagement in a classroom/online hybrid setting.
- Keep students engaged in a classroom environment while following an established curriculum/syllabus.
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in while establishing and communicating clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom/online. Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Identify and refer students who are "at risk" of not being successful to the Student Success Coordinator.
- Provide ongoing student advisement and academic counseling by tutoring and mentoring students on an individual basis when needed.
- Grade tests and projects, maintain grade books, track attendance and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Administer oral, written, or performance tests to measure progress and to evaluate training effectiveness.
- Participate in ongoing conferences, seminars, and training sessions.
- Provide input and participate in academic committees formed for the purpose of enrichment of both the programs and students.
This overview represents major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of the position, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Commitment to Arizona College is on a course by course basis.
What We Need from You:
We have an amazing team, so we want to make sure our standards are upheld. We've listed below the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position:
- Unparalleled subject matter expertise in area of study.
- Working knowledge of instructional theory and basic education principles, practices, and methodologies.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Must be an excellent and active listener, consistent, reflective and self-aware.
- Possess a professional and collaborative demeanor with the heart of a teacher. A personality that has the ability to address and resolve conflicts with integrity and compassion, and that can actively develop effective relationships at all levels.
- Superior ability to communicate persuasively, effectively and thoughtfully, to promote collaboration and teamwork, and to engender trust and respect. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written abilities.
- Exceptional ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task in an extremely dynamic environment.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
Time to Impress Us:
We're proud of our experienced team so we're looking for someone with a background that can match. The required qualifications for this role are:
- A Master's degree with a minimum of 15 or more graduate credit hours earned directly in course subject; a Doctorate degree is considered highly advantageous.
- Minimum of one year of prior teaching experience at the post-secondary level.
- Computer literacy with Canvas, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, and the Internet.
What We Are Offering You:
- Competitive pay and opportunities for professional development.
- Dynamic organizational culture within a supportive working environment.
For consideration, only online applications will be accepted. For further information, you may contact your local campus. Campus contact information is listed on our website at www.arizonacollege.edu
Our schools prohibit discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Arizona College of Nursing
Get fresh Microbiology Teacher jobs daily straight to your inbox!