Director of Counseling Services
General Job Brief:
The Director of Counseling Services is responsible for the oversight of the Arizona Christian University Counseling Center (ACUCC) and the supervision of the graduate intern counseling staff. This position provides individual, group, and career counseling for students, staff, and faculty. The Director of Counseling Services develops protocols for crisis and emergency management, and actively develops campus programs aimed at educating and assisting students, staff, and faculty on mental health and student development issues.
This role also requires a comprehensive understanding of and commitment to the unique Christian mission and vision of ACU to Transform Culture with Truth, and the ability to advance that mission and vision through the performance of its duties, including person-to-person mentorship and discipleship.
Duties, Tasks, Responsibilities:
- Provides family, couples, relationship, individual, group, and career counseling for students, staff, faculty, and community.
- Works with ACU Student Development, Campus Safety, Athletic Training, and other faculty and staff to assist with addressing the mental health needs of students in times of crisis.
- Conducts ethical practice according to HIPAA and AZBBHE statutes and laws.
- Maintains clinical licensure with the State of Arizona.
- Maintains clinical supervisor credentials with the State of Arizona.
- Provides clinical supervision of graduate interns following ACUCC's Policies and Procedures, Arizona Revised Statutes, HIPAA requirements, and appropriate professional ethics codes. This includes review of recorded sessions, co-counseling, and case review.
- Reviews and certifies all clinical documents for his/her supervisees.
- Completes all required documentation and forms related to supervision of his/her graduate interns.
- Selects graduate interns on an annual basis.
- Supervises the Client Care Coordinator position.
- Conducts evaluations, developing contracts, and maintaining agreements with graduate programs to provide opportunities for Christian graduate counseling interns.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Arizona Christian University Counseling Center following its Policies and Procedures.
- Revises ACUCC's policies, procedures and forms considering changing needs of clientele, coordination with meeting future needs of graduate students fulfilling practicum requirements, and accommodation of changes in state and federal law.
- Provides administrative supervision of interns assuring compliance with operational (nonclinical) policies.
- Complies with all agreements between university or seminary graduate intern degree programs and Arizona Christian University Counseling Center.
- Collaborate and work cooperatively with the ACU Department of Graduate Studies and its LMFT program.
Student Development Division
- Develops program curricula for psychoeducation groups.
- Provides guidance and resources for emergency/crisis situations.
- Participates in Student Development Division meetings as needed.
- Coordinates education opportunities for student leaders and student development staff regarding mental health and wellness.
- Works with the Director of Student Engagement and the Marketing office to market counseling services to all constituents (i.e. traditional and nontraditional students, staff and faculty, and Division of Student Development).
- Coordination with Division of Student Development to accommodate needs of current student body.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree from an accredited training program in counseling, marriage and family therapy, or social work.
- Independent Licensure in the State of Arizona as an LMFT.
- Registration with the State of Arizona as a Clinical Supervisor.
- Willingness to pursue AAMFT Approved Supervisor Designation.
- Experience maintaining a private practice or serving as a clinic director or clinical program director.
- Agreement and demonstrated ability to comply in clinical and supervisory practice with Arizona Christian University's statement of faith.
- Must exhibit a dynamic, growing relationship with Jesus Christ and agree with the Christian mission of Arizona Christian University.
- Experience providing services to diverse populations.
- At least two years of clinical supervision experience.
- At least five years of clinical experience as an independent practitioner.
- Commitment to the University's faith statement, mission, and purposes; and an active Christian faith.
- Comfort and familiarity with the practice of praying with and for others, including students, faculty, and fellow University staff.
- The ability to meaningfully support and encourage students, faculty, and staff from a biblical worldview perspective, using relevant and applicable references from the Old and New Testaments and orthodox Christian writings.
- Experience working with students in a collegiate environment.
- Knowledge of current trends, policies, and processes in higher education and issues impacting college students.
Arizona Christian UniversityGlendale, AZ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.