General Job Brief:
This Athletic Recruitment Coordinator (ARC) position is designed to nurture prospective student athletes through Arizona Christian University's (ACU) admissions process. The ARC collaborates with their assigned Coaching staff to address student scholarships/finances and responsibilities. This position requires constant contact with internal and external constituencies to aid in the success of the students "Onboarding" at ACU. The ARC will be expected to engage students/parents through calls, texts, face to face appointments and electronic communication on a regular basis. ARC will be expected to speak and attend recruiting events and host advising meetings for recruits on campus.This position reports to the Manager of Recruiting Process
The Athletic Recruitment Coordinator will collaborate with other team members to coordinate communication to recruits and collection of their Onboarding documents.The ARC will be responsible for reviewing application material and accepting student athletes in accordance with ACU's acceptance requirements and faith statements.
- A personal and growing relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
- A commitment to the mission and values of Arizona Christian University and agreement with ACU's statement of faith and Core Commitments.
- Belief in and commitment to recruiting followers of Jesus for a covenantal, discipleship-oriented Christian university.
- Self-disciplined, well organized, efficient at time management, productively takes ownership of tasks and projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A genuine love for people and a natural curiosity about how to best serve and engage with them. Possess a heart of service.
- Ability to handle a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide excellent customer service to all prospective parents and students you come into contact with at ACU.
- Oversee the admissions process for designated team.
- Take recruits from application submitted to enrollment deposit paid and remain a helpful resource for recruits until their first day of class.
- Meet department communication standards set by Manager of Recruiting Process
- Communicate with Coaching staff and provide updates on status of recruits.
- Work alongside Coach to communicate cost of attendance to recruits.
- Speak at recruiting events and assist with other tasks involved.
- Establish and build meaningful relationships with recruits and coaching staff.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Have a complete understanding and ability to communicate the University's mission, vision, and values.
- Knowledge of reporting capabilities and management strategies in ACU's student information system.
- Understand how to communicate effectively and efficiently using email, text message, phone calls and ACU's student information system.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1 year of experience in an admissions or enrollment role preferred.
Ability and Skills:
- Close attention to detail and accuracy; highly organized.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others and to work harmoniously with related personnel.
- Ability to adhere to prescribed routines and complete reports in a timely fashion, in accordance to demand and established standards.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel) and mail.