- Posted: over a month ago
General Job Brief
Under direct supervision of the Controller, the Accounting Manager will oversee day-to-day Accounting and Finance processing for the University, including, but not limited to General Ledger, Accounts Payable, and Payroll Accounting; Software Implementation; and support to the Financial Reporting process, Annual Audit, and the Annual Budget Process. This position will provide insight and guidance for ongoing process and internal control improvements for the University. This position is critical to ensuring the utmost financial integrity of Arizona Christian University.
Typical Duties (The following duties are those typically required to do the job but are not intended to include all duties that comprise the job content. Typical duties are intended to illustrate the diverse and levels of difficulty of the job.)
- Records transactions daily - Cash Receipts, Cash Disbursements, General Journal Entries, Payroll entries, AJEs, and month-end and annual closing entries
- Cash oversight from all sources, daily
- Bank Reconciliation, monthly
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations, monthly
- Records and adjusts Fixed Assets, monthly
- Audit Preparation and support, annually (Financial Statements, Financial Aid, 403b, Form 990)
- Reconciles ACU-F enterprises in collaboration with external Operations Controller, periodically
- Record daily deposits from various funding sources including student payments, miscellaneous income, and gift revenue and verify the proper adherence to internal cash controls
- Oversee Petty cash and the various disbursements to ensure users and custodians are following proper cash controls for its use
- Ensure the utmost integrity and security of funds collected
- Follow up on discrepancies with department submissions
- Oversee the disbursement process and verify the proper adherence to internal disbursement controls
- Ensure disbursements are recorded timely and coded to the proper GL as well as proper signature authorities have been documented
- Provide backup support to AP in their absence
- Oversee the 1099 and 1098T reporting, annually
- Ensure timely import of Payroll data, semi-monthly
- Work closely with HR Administrator and PR Specialist to ensure proper and timely submission of employee changes, adds, deletes, terminations, etc.
- Assist Controller in the review of Contracted Services and other providers that support Finance in its day-to-day operations i.e., POS, Merchant Services, Benefits, SIS, Office Equipment, annually
- Assist Department Managers with reports necessary to create department budgets, annually
- Prepare of Summary and Department Budgets, as well as summary/roll-up budgets for the CFO and Controller
- Ensures all entries to the GL are timely to assist Controller with review of Financial Statements, monthly
- Assist controller with compiling actual to budget reports to Budget Managers to assist them in reviewing actual activity to budget with the Managers, monthly
- Coordinate and facilitate the implementation of new software as established by annual Finance and Accounting needs and goals - Credit Cards and Web Invoicing
- Manage project and ensure Vendors meet expected timelines and punch lists to satisfactory completion
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Collaboration and integrity are the critical to success in this role. Completing other duties and tasks with utmost integrity and professionalism, as directed, and not necessarily mentioned in this description, will be expected.
Knowledge (Classification is typically expected to possess.)
Must demonstrate high level of general ledger, payroll, and financial accounting. Must be familiar with HR processes as it relates to payroll accounting.
Education and Experience (Classification is typically expected to possess.)
- Bachelor's degree is required. Must have achieved an Accounting Coordinator/Specialist level following 3-5 years of progressive finance and accounting experience, preferably in a higher education or non-profit environment.
- Experience managing accounting for a medium corporation, managing multiple stakeholders, and ensuring timely and accurate reporting of financial information is required.
- Experience with Blackbaud's Financial Software (Financial Edge) and Fundraising Software (Raiser's Edge) is highly desired.
Ability and Skills (Classification is typically expected to possess or show potential of satisfactory development when placed in the job.)
- High attention to detail and accuracy; highly organized
- Ability to effectively communicate with others and to work harmoniously with related personnel
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to review operations for efficiencies; make suggestions for improvements
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Google mail
Arizona Christian University
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Arizona Christian University