High School Math Teacher - 22/23 School Year - Online Campus
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Math Teacher - 22/23 School Year - AZACS Online
Although this position is for AZAC's online school, this position has a touch down office in Phoenix. Applicants must live in Arizona to be considered for this position.
Arizona’s first and only autism-focused online charter school is expanding and hiring subject area teachers for the 2022-23 school year! The online K-12 schools are seeking online teachers qualified in their subject matter to implement instruction with support from a Special Education Program Manager for students in grades 6-12. The charter is seeking teachers for the following academic subjects:
- Math, Middle & High School
Under the supervision and direction of the Online Campus Director, the Online Teacher will effectively manage the digital learning courses by instructing students, evaluating and monitoring students’ performance and advancing student achievement, and modifying digital content to meet academic student needs.. The Online Teacher should have experience customizing and teaching standards-aligned digital content within a learning management system. The Online Teacher will differentiate instruction for a variety of learners and will work collaboratively with a team to plan instruction in accordance with students’ IEP goals. The Online teacher will also conduct LIVE virtual lessons to ensure online students are engaged and progressing in the digital coursework. Teachers in this role should demonstrate a commitment to professional development through workshops and training based on best practices in digital learning, the use of digital tools and coaching.
Candidates with teaching experience should have a willingness to work with multi-grade level online classrooms. The Online Teacher will work hand-in-hand with a SPED Program Manager and an ABA Manager to implement a best-practice educational model to achieve optimal results for students on the autism spectrum and students with other related disorders.
- Teach digital curriculum in content area to groups of assigned students.
- Conduct LIVE virtual lessons through the ZOOM platform.
- Modify standards-aligned digital curriculum to meet the needs of students in both the academic and modified programs.
- Use and implement best practices in online learning to maintain organization, student engagement, and an effective digital learning environment.
- Implement digital learning instructional techniques to encourage and motivate students.
- Evaluate students’ performance regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and document progress towards IEP goals.
- Communicate with parents, students and digital support team to keep stakeholders informed of assigned curriculum, activities and virtual lessons weekly.
- Collaborate with Learning Success Coach, Online Counselor, ABA Manager and SPED Program Manager to ensure each student experiences success and makes academic progress
- Provide feedback to support staff
- Participate in regular observations and in-the-moment coaching from online school leadership and SPED Program Manager and implement action steps following coaching sessions
- Modification of digital content to meet student needs and IEP requirements
- Maintain substitute plans in case of Teacher absence
- Proctor state testing for online students as scheduled through state of Arizona
- Participate in all duties and responsibilities as appropriate for an AZACS faculty member
- Other duties as assigned by the administration
- Secondary teacher certification or 24 credit hours in the specified content area
- Experience in teaching in a digital learning environment
- Track record of success in behavior management with students with autism or other special needs
- Ability to approach situations with optimism and perseverance
- Ability to communicate with parents, co-workers and professional contacts in a courteous and professional manner and following AZACS guidelines
- Knowledge of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and structured teaching preferred
- Valid Arizona fingerprint clearance card
- School office space located at a new state of the art Autism Center
- Hybrid and remote work model opportunities
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid Sick Time
- Great professional development and advancement opportunities!
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class require: stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Work is routinely performed in an online classroom setting with some face-to-face team meetings, student field trips, and other activities as scheduled throughout the school year.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Arizona Autism Charter Schools, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Civil Rights Act Title VII of 1972, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Arizona Autism Charter Schools, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment or in any of its educational programs or in the provisions of benefits and services to students.
Arizona Autism Charter Schools, Inc
EducationView all jobs at Arizona Autism Charter Schools, Inc