- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Career at Trinseo:
Trinseo is a different kind of global materials company – at the intersection of people, technology, and customers. We are a world leader in the production of plastics and latex binders. Our culture is built on passion and innovation.
A career at Trinseo presents a unique opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment. Helping customers solve their most complex material challenges is the reason we come to work each day. We are seeking innovative thinkers – ready to tackle any challenge and passionate about delivering value.
The Run Plant Engineer provides continuous improvement for Safety, Cost, Quality and Reliability of production lines to increase the plant efficiencies as well day-to-day plant support and troubleshooting. Work in close collaboration with operations, reliability, process technology, safety, supply chain, commercial team, corporate engineering and consultants to achieve these improvements.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
Day to Day Support: (30%)
- Collects data, identifies key measures using plant performance data analysis for improvement projects working collaboratively with the Area Superintendent and peers.
- Partners with Operations, Process Technology and Maintenance Department to address day to day issues and achieve production goals
- Communicates concise summaries of process performance and recommends improvements
- Supports and assists in the implementation of day to day troubleshooting and improvement projects for Control Systems in the Bristol Plant.
- Partners with plant operation personnel to secure process data for identification of technology gaps, improvement opportunities and project definitions
Improvement Projects (30%)
- Implements 6-sigma techniques to improve process performance
- Identifies, evaluates, and implements capital and non-capital improvement projects working with manufacturing teams, engineering personnel, and R&D representatives.
- Interacts with and leads other in-plant or outside technical resources to complete projects.
- Leads reliability improvement projects.
- Executes plant trials for new product development.
- Prepares operating manuals and process documents; develops operator training documents/plans.
- Follows safe, environmentally sound engineering practices and exercises sound judgment in decision-making.
Regulatory/Process Safety/HES Support (30%)
- Participate and/or lead Process Hazard Analysis, Management of Changes (MOCs) and Pre-Start-up Safety Reviews (PSSRs)for small to moderate projects
- Supports BBS process by performing observations
- Supports Loss Control policy, ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 management systems.
Other duties as assigned (10%).
Context and Environment:
- Complies with all external regulatory requirements, industry best practices and internal policies.
- Available to support continuous plant operations (24 hour/7 day per week) as needed.
- Less than 10% travel required.
- Ability to wear personnel protective equipment such as respirators
- Supports the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory and internal requirements.
- Participates fully in the plant HES activities and programs(e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.).
- Supports and promotes the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents.
Required Education/Qualifications/Work Experience:
- BS in Chemical Engineering and at least 2 year in a manufacturing environment
- Polymer technology and extrusion experience preferred
- Process Hazard Analysis using LOPA Technique preferred
- Project management skills - Stage Gate Project Development process preferred
- Accident and incident investigation and root cause analysis preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Operational Excellence Certification preferred
- Control system troubleshooting skills preferred
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Good ability to manage multiple activities in parallel
- Ability to work well with multiple levels (floor level, plant management and corporate) of the organization
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability and skill to understand and troubleshoot unit operations and define improvement to meet safety, environmental and production goals
You should be proficient in:
- Six Sigma
ManufacturingView all jobs at Aristech Surfaces