Property Management Company has an immediate opening for a dedicated Maintenance Technician. We operate multi-level, mixed used buildings and shopping centers in Spotsylvania, VA. In addition to the mixed used buildings and shopping centers, there are several common areas that require constant support and maintenance. The successful candidate will be responsible for plumbing, electrical, access control and HVAC maintenance as well as any other duties assigned by the Property Manager. We’re looking for a professional who can take the initiative and help anticipate problems before they occur. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively with management, tenants, visitors and anyone else he or she encounters on the job.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Maintenance Technician will be responsible, under the direction of the Property Manager, for the overall maintenance of the buildings, shopping centers and all areas related to the day‐to‐day maintenance operations of the community.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
· Evaluate, repair and maintain plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems in the building
· Repairing and treating structures such as showers, sinks, appliances, doors/cabinets, walls and building exteriors
· Make ready units for new move‐ins
· Have a working knowledge of HVAC systems and be able to maintain, repair and replace HVAC systems
· Responsible for 24 hour emergency maintenance
· Schedule and complete preventative maintenance program
· Complete grounds work such as: grounds pick up, sweeping and landscaping
· Communicate with facilities management about any work that requires outside expert assistance
· Maintain corporate safety procedures at all times and comply with access control regulations
· Coordinate special projects as directed
Maintenance Technician must maintain a professional and courteous manner with management, residents, visitors, contractors and fellow employees. Maintenance Tech must have the necessary tools to effectively complete tasks outlined above. One must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions and be able to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships. Technician must be willing to travel to other properties daily, climb heights, ladders, and lift up to 60 lbs.
High School Diploma or GED Required
Valid Driver’s License and Reliable Transportation Required