Bookkeeper/Accounts Payable Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Perform daily accounting tasks that will support our home building business. Maintain organized and professional records following company accounting processes that helps the company accomplish its goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent Arise Homes in a positive and professional manner in and outside of company.
- Assist Accounting Director with processes to support various building projects which include but not limited to:
- Preparation of weekly bank draws for construction loans. Includes receiving and tracking purchase orders and invoices and ensuring alignment with project budgets.
- Processing of invoices and bank draws into accounting software, coding to general ledger accounts and preparing check payments to contractors and vendors.
- Data entry, vendor management, and processing of purchase orders in construction management software.
- Ensure all contractor and vendor paperwork is up to date (i.e. contract, Form W-9, and certificates of insurance). Maintain these records in an organized manner.
- Facilitate monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Prepare documents and perform other office duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS:
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of computer systems. Specific working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- General bookkeeping knowledge and familiarity with the current accounting system (Quickbooks) a plus.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy of information.
- Motivated, self-directed and can operate within proper guidelines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to work with staff, vendors, and trade partners.
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Be open and prepared to grow professionally within the team as well as the overall company.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Work in temperature controlled environment.
- Vision for near, mid-range, far and accommodation. Hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
- Effective communication skills when dealing with co-workers, trade partners, and home owners.
- Requires physical ability for standing, sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching above head and below waist.
- Must be able to perform all job expectations safely with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds.
- The Bookkeeper/Accounts Payable Specialist reports to the Accounting Director.
- This is a full-time position. 40 hours per week between the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Employee Insurance Benefit Package
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Policy
Arise Homes, LLCWhy Work Here?
We promote a people-first culture, and provide and opportunity to use your gifts and talents for a purpose that is bigger than profit.
Arise Homes is a fast-growing home construction company changing up the home buying experience, offering quality homes for a great price. We are a values driven company seeking to make a positive impact in the Kansas City area and looking for energetic and committed individuals to join our team.
8666 W. 96th St.Overland Park, KS
Finance and Insurance