We are seeking a Technology Development Manager to join our team! A successful candidate for this position will possess a diverse technical background including experience with multiple analytical and automation engineering disciplines and methodologies. The TDM will work directly with the executive team to define and implement the technology strategy for the Company.
We are an early startup addressing a new industry to the State of Massachusetts. As such, this position is meant for an innovative, entrepreneurial minded, and dynamic analytical chemist or engineer who has a proven track record of developing technology solutions that enable improved service delivery.
The successful candidate will have a passion for process improvement, creating and implementing new systems, and for discovering how to further the Company’s business interests through technology.
- Understand business needs and develop technology solutions to accelerate growth through efficiency, profitability, and customer satisfaction
- Develop testing procedures maximizing sample throughput, consistency, and accuracy
- Liaise and act as technical lead on projects with customers, business partners, and outside vendors
- Organize and complete all required proficiency testing and documentation to obtain ISO17025/TNI accreditation
- Ensure new projects and technologies adhere to established Quality Systems and meet regulatory and licensing compliance requirements
- Assist in development and implementation of new laboratory policies and procedures
- Continued development and training of laboratory personnel
- Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or related field
- Minimum 6 years laboratory experience (preferably clinical/diagnostic) with demonstration of good technical skills
- Preferred project or people management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement
- Experience in process automation
- IT Fluency