Leasing Specialist – Washington, DC
Aria creates homes in great cities for people who are passionate about life. We work with Aria Development Group to grow the Aria brand, both in terms of how we build great apartments, as well as how we create amazing experiences for our community.
Aria Residential is seeking to fill the Leasing Specialist position for our multi-site and growing Washington, DC portfolio, as well as providing virtual support to our nascent New York team. This is an exciting opportunity to grow with a lean group of elite real estate professionals. The candidate will play a critical role in building the Aria Residential brand and reputation.
The Leasing Consultant is an integral part of the team at an apartment community. Under the direction of the Leasing Manager and with coaching from Aria’s Marketing Manager, the Leasing Specialist is responsible for leasing and resident services that contribute to healthy occupancy and strong resident retention. The successful candidate will excel at the following core job responsibilities:
· Field leads and manage and close leads— our goal is friendliness, responsiveness, empathy and helpfulness
· Manage office lead system to help generate leads, create and manage Craigslist postings, schedule tours
· Be a good listener to what prospective residents want
· Provide friendly and insightful tours to prospective residents
· Create virtual tours for tenants using Aria’s technology, videography, FaceTime and website
· Bring a good eye for aesthetics and flow —ensure the tour path looks great
· Develop an intimate understanding of Aria’s special sauce, product, amenities, services, and market niche of each asset within the portfolio.
· Create and sustain a vigorous leasing schedule toward achieving stabilization in Lease-ups.
· Develop partnerships with companies, schools and nonprofits in the community to help drive traffic to our portfolio.
· Perform competitive market studies to recommend creative and competitive strategies.
· Help improve Aria’s leasing procedures by staying abreast of what other industry leaders are doing
· Provide best-in-class customer service to all residents and guests as needed
· Take direction and mentorship from senior team members
· High performance, results orientation and be comfortable with performance being measured against high standards
· Contribute to team morale and success
The successful candidate will have a great attitude, high integrity and professionalism, and a passion for hospitality, real estate, tech, design, and community. They will enjoy thinking creatively, and be motivated and self-directed in an entrepreneurial environment.
· Bachelor degree preferred; or the equivalent in experience, enthusiasm and drive
· Multifamily leasing experience and lease-up experience preferred; equivalent sales, hospitality and customer service experience considered
· Strong communication skills in English in writing, composition, oral, and active listening skills
· Ability to drive within a multi-site portfolio
· Available for weekend and holiday hours