Argus Consulting Leawood, KS
- Posted: 13 days ago
Join the Argus team and design state-of-the-art solutions for the critical infrastructure that fuels our world.
You can make a difference as one of the employee-owners of Argus Consulting, the trusted leader in planning, designing and managing the construction of complex fuel systems. As an Argus designer, you will develop a highly-specialized expertise and have the opportunity to do it all, working in collaboration with our diverse engineering staff. Come work for a small business that has a global reach, in an atmosphere that is professionally challenging and personally supportive.
We've built our success on long-term relationships and traditional values - Integrity, Competence, Teamwork and the Golden Rule. And we continue to be successful by offering competitive salaries and benefits, real teamwork, leadership opportunities and a strong family culture. Come grow with us.
Be a specialized fueling facility designer.
- Argus Consulting is seeking a Mechanical Designer for our Overland Park, Kansas or Atlanta, Georgia office.
- Projects include complex fueling systems serving commercial airports, rail yards, military installations and oil terminals located around the world and cover a broad spectrum in size, ranging from a single tank to the largest airports in the world.
- Clients include airlines, airports, fixed-base operators, ENR's Top 25 Architecture/Engineering Design Firms and ENR's Top 10 Design/Build Firms, Fortune 500 companies, fuel-servicing companies, oil companies, railroads, and the U.S. government.
- Be an owner. We're 100% employee-owned and we pride ourselves on our technical innovation, creativity and highly specialized expertise.
- Five years of experience or a four-year college degree
- Strong working knowledge of the AutoCAD platform, specifically Plant 3D
- Revit, Cyclone, and Micro Station experience a plus
- Point cloud registration and reverse-modeling experience a plus.
- Self-motivated and ready to learn
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in mechanical piping design and coordination with other disciplines
- Experience with Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Bilingual considered a plus
Job Duties May Include:
- Development of intelligent 3D models, including full equipment layout and pipe routing using the AutoCAD Plant3D platform.
- Development of Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), orthographic views, isometric views, details, and other components required for the design and issuance of multi-discipline engineering drawings for construction.
- Assist in the preparation of sketches and exhibits related to engineering studies and marketing/business development efforts.
- Aid in the development and review of 3D point clouds, geometric models, and intelligent models for Argus' Digital Services line.
- Aid in the development of as-builts reverse engineered from point cloud data.
We are not considering applicants from recruitment/employment agencies at this time.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro