Plastics Engineer/Process Engineer, Extrusion Operations
Argos Corporation Taunton, MA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Primary operations are medical and commercial extrusion. Medical extrusions take place in a white room. Secondary operations include heat shrink tubing and value added operations. Argos Corporation is an ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified company
Works with Argos Corporation Staff where needed to support production. Extruder start-up and process development is an ongoing responsibility. Project examples include, new product development, ISO compliance, production efficiency improvements, new equipment needs, technical support of sales and marketing, and resolution of customer service concerns.
- Develop, evaluate, improve and document manufacturing processes.
- Provide support to production, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Work with Quality, Engineering and document support.
- Assist Quality in initiatives related to work flow and production, including written SOPs, CAPA, FMEA, etc.
- Oversee and improve preventive maintenance program. Work to resolve equipment and maintenance issues as they arise.
- Create and maintain documentation of tooling and machinery. Work with outside vendors such as machine shops and technicians in support of production.
- Assist with set-up and start-up of extrusion equipment. Assist production and quality to meet production and customer demands.
- Transfer process knowledge to production supervisors and employees to assure they can meet challenges of manufacturing.
- Work with scheduling and production supervisors to maintain efficient work flow and production goals.
- Promote and execute initiatives to improve or facilitate a safe and productive work environment. Work with production supervisors and manufacturing employees to promote good work habits.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Typical incumbent has a 4 year Engineering Degree and 0-3 years’ relevant experience, or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- Duties require professional verbal and written communication.
- Solid Works Knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Statistical Quality Methods is recommended.
- Ability to work with others in a team as well as an instructor and supervisor.
- Mechanical aptitude.
Working conditions are normal for an office and manufacturing environment.
Argos is a manufacturer of custom plastic extrusion.
84 Independence Dr.Taunton, MA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Argos Corporation