- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ARGENTUM is the leading national trade association serving companies that own, operate, and support professionally managed senior living communities in the United States. Our staff thrives on serving companies creating better living options for our country’s seniors.
We seek a high-energy, self-starter with an interest in expanding her/his sales resume and career. This position enters a known and leading association in its market with a new content and sales vision, creating an opportunity to be a part of the vision and change. An association pivoting to a sales and marketing business, with growth as the goal for the organization and the individuals within it. This Sales Representative will be responsible for sales of a variety of products offered by Argentum to both industry supplier and owner/operator companies serving the senior living marketplace. This position will require volume selling for print/digital properties, plus a more consultative and targeted sales approach for sponsorships across other properties.
Additionally, this role is responsible for fundamental sales administration tasks such as logging all sales activity, setting up meetings with sales prospects, and updating the CRM database. Properties to be sold include, but are not limited to, advertising in Senior Living Executive magazine, Argentum Daily (digital newsletter), and Online web properties; Sponsorships for Senior Living Leadership Summit, Argentum Programs and Content; and Argentum Membership. This position will also be responsible for twice-annual call/email campaigns promoting and selling training and certification products.
The Representative will report to the Director of Sales.
Specific responsibilities include:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Sales Representative will be responsible for the following:
- Proactive management and outreach to an established and qualified sales territory, includes frequent communication through phone calls and e-mails to ensure that the Argentum value proposition is being consistently conveyed, sharing updates around new offerings that can enhance customers' experience while driving additional revenue.
- Deliver effective sales presentations via video communication apps (e.g., Microsoft Teams), phone and email.
- New lead and business generation will be ongoing requirements and will need to be accomplished through online research, web leads, industry magazines, and referrals, and possibly attending competitive events.
- A complete understanding of Argentum offerings including but not limited to sponsorships, print advertising, sponsored content, digital advertising, and custom opportunities.
- Ongoing education and understanding of the industry and vertical segments associated with senior living.
- Diligent use of Microsoft Dynamics CRM for accurate sales activity tracking, sales pipeline management, and sales forecasting.
- Collections outreach, when needed, to ensure customer payments are made in a timely manner.
- Setting up sales appointments for both the Director of Sales and the Senior VP, Business Operations, as well as logging prospects into the CRM as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Sales.
This position will also assist on select short-term campaigns designed to communicate and promote Argentum’s professional development products and services. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Minimum of two years of sales experience. The desired candidate would have some background in sales, marketing, or a closely related field. Candidates should have experience talking to prospects on the phone and logging information into a CRM database. Candidates need to be highly proficient at prospecting through a variety of platforms including, but not limited to, emails, phone calls, and social media.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday during core flexible work hours. Argentum has a hybrid schedule of both in-office and remote work. Full-time remote will be considered for highly qualified candidates. Some travel is expected. Argentum requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
ARGENTUM is conveniently located at 1650 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314, near the King Street Metro. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including teleworking options, summer days office closings, and a week off between the December holidays. This position would include a base salary plus commissions starting with the first dollar collected.
Argentum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
BusinessView all jobs at Argentum