Membership Account Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ARGENTUM is the leading national trade association serving companies that own, operate, and support professionally managed senior living communities in the United States. Our staff thrives on serving companies creating better living options for our country’s seniors.
We seek a high-energy, self-starter to join our team as the Membership Account Manager. Argentum’s culture is grounded in teamwork, collaboration, and a passion for seniors. We seek individuals who are self-motivated, upbeat, have a goal-orientated mindset, eager, and a desire to grow. The Membership Account Manager will be responsible for sales of a variety of products primarily targeted to owner/operator companies serving the senior living marketplace, to include membership, events, and workforce/training programs. This position will require volume selling, plus a more consultative and targeted sales approach for specific sectors and key accounts within them. Additionally, this role is responsible for fundamental sales administration tasks such as logging all sales activity, setting up meetings with sales prospects and updating the CRM database, data research, and consistent follow up.
A growth attitude and approach are required as the organization transitions to a growth-focused sales and marketing organization, creating personal career growth opportunities. The Membership Account Manager will report to the SVP, Business Operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Membership Account Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in developing and executing the annual sales plan, managing the sales process from prospecting to closing, meeting and exceeding sales goals.
- Proactive customer and prospect management and outreach to an established and qualified sales territory, includes frequent communication through phone calls and e-mails to ensure that the Argentum value proposition is being consistently conveyed.
- This position will be responsible for developing, calendaring, and executing annual call/email campaigns promoting and selling the various products offered to owner/operator companies.
- New lead and business generation will be ongoing requirements and will need to be accomplished through online research, web leads, industry media announcements, industry magazines and referrals.
- A complete understanding of Argentum offerings including but not limited to membership and its benefits, events, workforce (LEAD) and training programs, plus any additional assets developed which may require owner/operator funding.
- Conduct discovery calls for initial relationship building and to understand customer needs and areas of alignment with the organization’s value proposition.
- Diligent use of Microsoft Dynamics CRM for accurate sales activity tracking, sales pipeline management, and sales forecasting.
- Collections outreach, when needed, to ensure customer payments are made in a timely manner.
- Teaming with the SVP, Business Operations to set key account appointments/meetings, as needed.
- Work closely with the Director, Member Services & CRM on the processing, engagement, and service of members and data-related projects related to sales and service of both owner/operator members and prospects.
- Upkeep overall owner/operator industry data, to include size of the market and Argentum’s member penetration within that market.
- Perform other duties as requested by the SVP, Business Operations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Minimum of two years of proven and successful sales or business development. A bachelor’s or associate degree is preferred, but not required.
The desired candidate will have experience selling membership, subscriptions, or training products and less tangible products such as selling solutions rather than a series of benefits and features. Candidates should have knowledge or training in sales methodology (Sandler, Challenger, SPIN, etc.), experience working with lead generation, CRM, or sales automation tools (Microsoft Dynamic and HubSpot), understanding of B2B selling, and are highly proficient at prospecting through a variety of platforms including, but not limited to, emails, phone calls, and social media.
We are looking for coachable candidates, who have a winning attitude, and are creative thinkers able to formulate innovative ways to capture new business opportunities.
This is a full-time position. Days and work hours are Monday through Friday during core flexible work hours. Argentum has a hybrid schedule of both in-office and telework. Some travel (10%) is expected for 2-3 Argentum events and 2-3 other events for prospecting. Argentum requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
ARGENTUM is conveniently located at 1650 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 near the King Street Metro. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including teleworking options, summer days office closings, and a week off between the December holidays. This position would include a base salary plus commissions.
Argentum is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Get fresh National jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.