Account Manager, Industry Partner
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ARGENTUM is the leading national trade association serving companies that own, operate, and support professionally managed senior living communities in the United States. Our staff thrives on serving companies creating better living options for our country’s seniors.
We seek a high-energy, self-starter to join our team as the Account Manager, Industry Partner. Argentum’s culture is grounded in teamwork, collaboration, and a passion for seniors. We seek individuals who are self-motivated, upbeat, have a goal-orientated mindset, eager, and have a desire to grow.
The Account Manager, Industry Partner will be responsible for sales of various products targeted to industry supplier companies as well as some educational products targeted to senior living professionals. This position will require volume selling for print/digital properties, plus a more consultative and targeted sales approach for specific sectors and key accounts within them. Additionally, this role is responsible for fundamental sales administration tasks such as logging all sales activity, setting up meetings with sales prospects and updating the CRM database. Properties to be sold include, but are not limited to, advertising in Senior Living Executive magazine, Argentum Daily (digital newsletter) and Online web properties; Sponsorships for Senior Living Leadership Summit, Argentum Programs and Content; and Argentum Membership. This position will also be responsible for twice-annual call/email campaigns promoting and selling training and certification products.
A growth attitude and approach are required as the organization transitions to a growth-focused sales and marketing organization, creating personal career growth opportunities. The Account Manager, Industry Partner will report to the Director of Sales.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Account Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Proactive management and outreach to an established and qualified sales territory, includes frequent communication through phone calls and e-mails to ensure that the Argentum value proposition is being consistently conveyed, sharing updates around new offerings that can enhance customers experience while driving additional revenue.
- Deliver effective sales presentations via video communication apps (e.g. Microsoft Teams), phone and email.
- New lead and business generation will be ongoing requirements and will need to be accomplished through online research, web leads, industry magazines and referrals and possibly attending competitive events.
- A complete understanding of Argentum offerings including but not limited to sponsorships, print advertising, sponsored content, digital advertising, and custom opportunities.
- Ongoing education and understanding of the industry and vertical segments associated with senior living.
- Diligent use of Microsoft Dynamics CRM for accurate sales activity tracking, sales pipeline management, and sales forecasting.
- Collections outreach, when needed, to ensure customer payments are made in a timely manner.
- Setting up sales appointments for both the Director of Sales and the Senior VP, Business Operations as well as logging prospects into the CRM as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Sales.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The desired candidate will have a background in sales, marketing, or a closely related field with a minimum of two years of proven and successful sales experience. A bachelor’s or associate degree is preferred, but not required.
Candidates should have experience talking to prospects on the phone and logging information into a CRM database and be highly proficient at prospecting through various platforms including, but not limited to, emails, phone calls, and social media.
We are looking for coachable candidates, who have a winning attitude, and are creative thinkers able to formulate innovative ways to capture new business opportunities.
This is a full-time position. Days and work hours are Monday through Friday during core flexible work hours. Argentum has a hybrid schedule of both in-office and telework. Some travel (10%) is expected for 2-3 Argentum events and 2-3 other events for prospecting. Argentum requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
ARGENTUM is conveniently located at 1650 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 near the King Street Metro. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including teleworking options, summer days office closings, and a week off between the December holidays. This position would include a base salary plus commissions.
Argentum is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Get fresh National jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.