This position provides in depth support of the Networks Transport, IP andEthernet Networks. The Engineer will have knowledge of commonly usedconcepts, practices, and procedures within one of the functional areas of theorganization, identified in the Skill Discipline Matrix provided below.The Position may operate with latitude for unsupervised action or decision. Maydesign, develop, test and implement all components, equipment, and softwarewithin the functional area of the organization. The position may performadministrative work relating to projects and assignments.
This positioncan be based in Charlotte, NC, Columbia SC, Daleville VA, Richmond VA, Waynesboro VA
· Identify, diagnose, and resolve problems affecting network performance that have been escalated and unresolved within the NOC teams
· Provide technical and analytical support in determining the root cause of network problems and implement action plans to resolve potential or active Network impacting issues.
· Recommend solutions to correct network trouble issues and faults.
· Assist other technicians with their technical development in the use of monitoring tools, network structure and theory.
· Develop and Teach Classes to NOC Analyst I and II members to maintain highest level of technical knowledge on team.
· Provide assistance and support to other team member as required during critical outages.
· Utilizes high level of communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships
· Perform any other duties assigned by NOC supervisor or Manager.
Education: College degree inEngineering or a related field
2-4 yearsprofessional level experience; or 5+ years professional level relatedEngineering/Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education andprofessional level related Engineering/Technical experience required.
Python/Bashscripting with Unix/Linus as well as server configuration andmaintenance.
Extensiveexperience with Cisco IOS-XR (9k)
Configurationand Scripting required.
Extensive experience with Ethernet/TCP/IP Networking
Extensive TDM, SONET, Optical Fiber, CWDM/DWDM experience
MPLS, BGP, iBGP, eBGP, OSPF
OTN, ROADM, SONET, cross connect provisioning and signal grooming
SNMP, UDP, IMAP, DNS, RADIUS (AAA), LDAP, NTP and SMTP
Experience with various protection and switching methodology to include UPSR/BLSR
TACACS, TACACS+, Radius.
TL1 / SNMP and EMS/NMS experience
Ethernet and Mobile Backhaul Experience is desired.
CISCO and CIENA Transport Certifications
CCNA, JNCIA, Metro E CEF certifications desired