The Manager Data Center Engineering is responsible for leading a team of Engineers in architectural design and implementation of technology used to support data center products and services, and providing a point of escalation for technical issues. The Manager will be a key team member in the transformation of the data center line of business, providing resiliency and scalability to support the growth of the business. This role requires collaboration with Engineers and stakeholders both internally and with clients in order to drive implementation towards the end state. The Manager will lead various projects, define and implement policies and procedures, and supporting technologies. In order to best serve our clients, the Manager must be available to perform after hours support and maintenance activities, and respond to escalations.
Duties & Responsibilities
§ Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, and customers regarding pertinent IT Infrastructure issues and activities.
- Develop guidelines, standards, policies and procedures aligning with ITIL standards including Change, Incident, and Problem management.
- Provide daily technical guidance to Systems and Network Engineers.
- Utilize high level of communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with team members and clients.
§ Practice IT Infrastructure asset management and monitoring, including maintenance of component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.
- Provide leadership in Business Continuity\Disaster Recovery planning across multiple data centers.
- Provide pre-sales engineering and post-sale implementation of systems supporting our data center products and services.
- Lead multiple systems design initiatives for existing and prospective clients by transforming business requirements into technical requirements and choosing the best technologies to fulfill their needs.
- Lead proof of concept testing for emerging technologies including new hardware and software.
- Support the Systems Engineers and NOC staff in troubleshooting and recreating scenarios found in the client environments.
§ Create a Professional, Productive and enjoyable work environment.
§ Ensure billable work is recorded against clients being serviced.
§ Negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
§ Develop and distribute reports, KPI’s and presentations for management.
- Lead the development of monitoring and alerting capabilities for the infrastructure stack.
§ Lead the incident response team as required during critical outages.
§ Respond to escalated issues from NOC 24x7x365 as needed.
- Cisco UCS and Dell servers
- NetApp storage
- VMware and Citrix Xen hypervisors
- Logic Monitor
- 3+ years of Leadership Experience Required.
- 8+ years of experience as a Systems and/or Network Engineer designing and implementing infrastructure to support applications running in a highly virtualized environment.
- MSP or CSP experience in managing multiple customers and multi-tenant environments a plus.
- Strong understanding of the ITIL framework
- Demonstrated leadership in IT Infrastructure engineering, managed services, and/or cloud services.
- Ability to plan, develop and coordinate multiple projects.
- Experience with Business Continuity\Disaster Recovery planning across multiple data centers
- Windows Server installation, support and troubleshooting in various deployments
- Administration of Microsoft
utilities including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, and LDAP
- Servers – ability to manage Cisco UCS and Dell servers
- Storage – ability to support workloads using both SAN and NAS technologies from NetApp, EMC, and others.
- Familiarity with Fibre channel and iSCSI storage networking protocols
- Experience managing VMware vSphere
- Administration of monitoring and alerting tools
- Administration of backup and point-in-time recovery technologies like Vembu, CommVault, Veeam, etc.
- Experience with replication
and recovery technologies like Zerto, VMware vSphere Replication SRM
- Experience with scripting and automation languages such as PowerShell, PowerCLI, Python and/or Bash desired
Technical Ceertifications (Preferred but not required)
VCP (VMware Certified Professional), Microsoft MCSE, MCSA or MCITP, Cisco CCNA, CompTia A+ and/or Security+, Red Hat RHCSA or RHCE