Title: Machine Operator III
Location: 404 Union Boulevard, Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA, 18109
Duration : 08/12/2019 to 08/16/2020
Pay Rate: $15/Hr.
Work Shift: SECOND SHIFT 2 pm – 10 pm
Pay Rate - 14.85
SECOND SHIFT 2pm - 10pm
• CNC Machine Operation Experience or Manual Machine tool operation (lathes, grinders, milling machines)
• Experience with precision measuring devices and ability to describe their use; will be asked to measure something!
• Stable employment history (no job skipping, minimal gaps)
• Come prepared, presentable and show up on time
Questions to ask candidates; helpful for VMS to see the response!
1. Are you able to work around electo-mechanical equipment? YES NO
2. Have you ever used precision measuring instruments to .001 of an inch? YES NO
3. Are you willing to wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE-safety glasses, steel toe shoes, additional items if requested)? YES NO
4. Have you ever operated an EDM and/or CNC machine? YES NO
5. Do you have a basic understanding of reading mechanical drawings/work instructions/blueprints? YES NO
• Set-up and operate CNC and/or EDM machines to perform machining operations, fast hole drilling, graphite shaping on metal castings, forgings and bar stock according to specifications and set-up instructions, applying knowledge of machining methods.
• Study work instructions (mechanical drawings) and set-up instructions to determine machining required, dimensional specifications, work procedures and methods. Determine tool lengths, maintain tool change list and program measuring adjustments.
• Install work holding devices such as blocks and tooling on table of machine using hand tools. Lift work piece on table manually or with other material handling equipment and position and secure work piece on machine table or in holding device.
• Select and install tooling, place electrodes in automatic-tool-changer (if required) in sequence specified on process sheet.
• Observe numerical displays on control panel and compare with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates and speed of machining cuts. Check program at start of each shift.
• Inspect first-run piece, maintain measured dimension list. Record and inspect key dimensions for conformance to specifications using micrometer and precision dial gauges.
• Notify supervisor if machined first piece does not conform to specifications or of machine malfunction. Deburr all pieces as per specifications and good machining practice. Troubleshoot production problems.
• Troubleshoot production, machine and quality problems.
• Maintain tools and measuring instruments supplied by company.
• Maintain company production and quality standards.
• Report unusual problems or conditions to supervisor.
• Observe company safety rules and regulations.
• Perform, as assigned, other similar and related duties.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
• Minimum of one-year experience in EDM/CNC or tooling production or equivalent (equivalent being metronics tech school grad or similar program)
• Basic mechanical skills needed
• Proficient shop math skills
• Ability to lift/push/pull at least 30 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation
• Ability to work occasional weekend shifts
• Ability to work overtime as required
• Willingness to wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses and safety shoes (also provide ear plugs, gloves, gowns and uniform)
• Successful completion of a background check and drug screen
• Demonstrates positive attitude, strong work ethic, and self-motivation
• Has strong ethical stands and integrity
• Experience in manufacturing preferred
• Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
• Ability to follow written instructions and take verbal instructions for multiple assembly tasks in a manufacturing shop environment.
• Demonstrates strong communication and follow-up skills
• Able to work with computerized shop floor tools
• Strong team player and flexible-willingness to move to different areas
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team with minimal supervision
• Has a strong belief in Metem, and the exciting opportunities it is pursuing