Sr. Procurement Specialist 1985
Arete Technologies Inc Laurel, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Responsible for identifying and procuring a variety of goods and services.
- Performs advanced procurement and cradle-to-grave contracting duties within a team setting.
- Advanced knowledge of business and relationship management principles and practices in purchasing, contracting, and negotiating
- General knowledge of research techniques, finance, and accounting
- Ability to perform cradle-to-grave contracting work of moderate complexity
- Ability to lead a team in performing moderately complex procurements
- Ability to write clearly and concisely using proper language and grammar
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment in applying laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively manage workload within a team setting
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple assignments and when multi-tasking in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to promptly respond with professionalism and courtesy to requests and complaints
- Works proactively to resolve issues
- Ability to use Microsoft Office to create and maintain documents, reports, spreadsheets, and databases
- Ability to actively collaborate to accomplish objectives
- Knowledge of public procurement best practices and operational activities;
- Knowledge of budget and accounting activities;
- Knowledge of the basics of supply chain, procurement and sourcing;
- Knowledge of business process design, data analysis and business performance measurement;
- Knowledge of strategic planning, project management and cross functional teaming;
- Functional knowledge of Oracle P2P;
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills;
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills;
- Excellent writing skills and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities;
- Ability to self-motivate and follow-through on a variety of projects.
- 3 years of experience in procurement and contract administration in a public or private sector in engineering, finance, operations, procurement, or supply chain management office
- Additional experience in procurement preferred. Public sector experience ideal.
- BS degree OR High School diploma with 7+ years' experience in procurement
- Procurement certification(s) helpful.
- Work will be done primarily remotely until employees are welcomed back into the office when Covid restrictions are eased.
Arete Technologies Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Arete Technologies Inc