Administrative Assistant ( Remote job)
Arete Technologies Inc Portland, OR
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- The position is responsible for performing general administrative and technical operations within each Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) unit in order to provide support and cross-coverage in administering UME's customized, individualized, competency-based curriculum.
- Responsibilities cross all units within the program to provide ancillary support where needed to meet the cyclical and ongoing workload demands of the program.
- Primary responsibilities include front line office and operations coordination for the Teaching Services unit; assisting with proctoring of exams within the Foundations of Medicine (FOM) and Clinical Experiences phases of the curriculum; processing VA student paperwork; and processing admissions files.
- This position will float within UME as needed, at the direction of the Director, UME in order to ensure equitable workflow within the program.
- Required: Four years of general office or secretarial experience; OR An Associate's degree or certificate in office occupations or office technology and two years of general office or secretarial experience; OR A Bachelor's degree and two years of general office or secretarial experience; OR An equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Note: Successful completion of a formal OHSU Administrative Internship Program will substitute for one year of experience.
- Contact Compensation for confirmation of eligibility Required Experience: Experience working with secondary or higher education programs.
- Previous experience working in an administrative capacity within a higher education system. Previous work experience with databases.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail; demonstration of successful experience working in an extremely detail-oriented capacity.
- Demonstrated successful work experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Microsoft Teams, ExamSoft Suite, WebEx, and Adobe Acrobat. Successful working knowledge of A/V equipment used in lecture halls and small group environments. Demonstrated professionalism and integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative and the ability to work with diverse groups; students, faculty, staff, IT group.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to be self-directed and set own work priorities.
- Successful demonstration of positive teamwork attitude. Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be flexible regarding job assignments and support for other co-workers as needed.
- Excellent written communication skills. Well-versed and developed technology skills.
- Experience with busy, multi-line telephones.
- Successful demonstration of effectively working with complex processes.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of responsibilities. Excellent forecasting, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm and patient in the face of competing demands.
- Demonstrated record of reliable attendance, punctuality and proven successful performance.
Arete Technologies Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Arete Technologies Inc