Arete Technologies Inc Elyria, OH
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- With minimum supervision, responsible for the daily/weekly/monthly processing of accounts payable as well as other accounting related clerical functions such as document retention, customer invoicing and distribution of reports.
Responsibilities may include some or all, of the following:
- Manage accounts payable activities including processing of supplier invoices and debit memos.
- Ensuring payment policy and accounts payable guidelines are followed.
- Coordinate with appropriate department personnel to secure proper payment approvals.
- Reconciling supplier statements, researching and correcting discrepancies.
- Maintaining shared email box and responding to all supplier and supply chain inquiries regarding invoices and payment status.
- Track purchase order balances to ensure payments are not processed without adequate funds approved and available.
- Provide supporting documentation for audits and testing.
- Interface with team members, functional departments, management, suppliers and customers.
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience required.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles as well as labor laws and taxes where applicable.
- Thorough knowledge of office technology and equipment such as personal computer, fax machine, scanner, photocopier, printer, web sites, email, internet, office support software (Excel, Word), administrative procedures and/or terminology in functional area.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external customers.
- Ability to work with others and be a participative team player.
- Ability to accurately maintain records.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and written skills.
- Ability to use standard business applications with strong computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel, and Lotus Notes.
- Ability to work independently with only general direction and instruction regarding the scope of assignments.
- Handles multiple tasks, with changing priorities and has exceptional initiative, paying close attention to detail and follow-up as required.
- Open to assuming greater responsibilities as needed. Ability to work effectively with others and be a participative team player.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
- Must possess discretion, good judgment, organizational or management ability, resourcefulness, and problem-solving.
TYPICAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to operate a computer, to talk and to hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The employee may be required to work around or visit manufacturing operations with exposure to noise, fumes, heavy machinery and other shop related hazards.
- Also expected of the employee is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others and members of the public, and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
Arete Technologies Inc
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Arete Technologies Inc