Senior Subcontracts Manager
- $125,000 Yearly
At Areté, we are on the forefront of utilizing innovative solutions, with great minds from all backgrounds, to help solve the nation’s most complex security challenges. We strive for an inclusive, collaborative team environment that approaches differences as opportunities for innovation and excellence. As an employee-owned company, we foster an atmosphere that propels diverse career opportunities and professional growth.
Discover your future with us.
We are seeking a Senior Subcontracts Manager who will be charged with significant responsibilities in negotiating subcontracts with suppliers and sub-performers, advising senior management on procurement strategy, developing solicitations and evaluating proposals, and administering subcontracts and other services agreements. We are recruiting out of Arlington, VA, Tucson, AZ, Longmont, CO, Northridge, CA. This is an exempt non-supervisory full-time position.
- Primarily independent responsibility for full-lifecycle management and administration of subcontracts for all company business areas in compliance with company policies, legal requirements, and prime contract requirements.
- Scope of subcontracting includes goods and services in support of capital needs and client-driven needs in the areas of research, development, limited rate production, and full rate production. Goods and services vary from R&D support to complex custom systems. End-clients include the U.S. Federal Government, foreign governments, and commercial clients.
- Serves as business advisor to Program Management throughout the subcontract life cycle. Monitors subcontractor performance in collaboration with Program Management and Production Management. Provides feedback on subcontractor performance to leadership and Program Management.
- Support market research and collaborate with Program Managers and Contracts Managers to develop statements of work, specifications, evaluation criteria, and solicitations. Lead subcontractor proposal analysis and perform cost/price analyses of subcontractor proposals. Coordinate technical evaluation and fact-finding with subcontractors.
- Negotiate and award subcontracts and modifications in accordance with Procurement Manual. Manage subcontracts throughout execution, and perform subcontract closeout duties. Maintain subcontract documentation in accordance with company policy.
- In collaboration with Director of Contracts and Supply Chain and Supply Chain Sr. Manager, adjust subcontract policies and procedures in response to emerging needs.
- Support training of company personnel responsible for submitting purchase requests.
- Maintain compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARs), and company Purchasing Manual Policies and Procedures. Maintains Contractor Procurement Review (CPSR)-compliant subcontracts and makes recommendations on changes to the manual as needed. Performs internal audits to ensure compliance and supports external audits. Updates FAR/DFARs flow downs for subcontracts as needed. In collaboration with Export Administrator, maintains export control compliance of subcontracting function.
- Issue Purchase Orders in Costpoint based on Purchase Requests.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
We have an impressive range of benefits, programs, and perks that we offer:
Generous PTO and Leave Times
- Flextime Scheduling
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K Retirement Plan Contribution
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Continuing Education Funds
Health, Medical, and Wellness Benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Vision Reimbursement
Qualities We Look For
Experiences and Background We Look For
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-10 years of experience in subcontract management under federal prime contracts in a CPSR-compliant procurement system.
- Experience with full life-cycle management of Firm Fixed Price, Cost-type, and Time & Materials subcontracts for research and development services and products in science and technology domains.
- High level of knowledge of U.S. Federal government procurement regulations including market research, competition, source justification, cost/price analysis, negotiation, and closeout.
- Experience and knowledge in CPSR audits, and maintaining a CPSR-approved Purchasing System.
- Experience in performing internal audits/reviews of company-issued Purchase Orders/Subcontracts.
- Knowledge of ITAR and EAR.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with colleagues, management, and executives.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access).
- Proficiency in working within an MRP / Materials Management System with a preference for experience with Deltek Costpoint.
The salary range for this role is $125,000/yr to $135,000/yr; however, Arete considers several factors when extending an offer of employment, including but not limited to: the position and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
U.S. citizenship is required to meet position eligibility.
Selected applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Successful passage of a criminal background screen is required to meet position eligibility. Areté will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Successful passage of a Department of Transportation (DOT) drug test is required to meet position eligibility.
As the health and safety of employees continues to be a priority, Areté encourages employees to remain current on their COVID-19 vaccinations. Employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042.
Areté is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website because of your disability. To request an accommodation, please contact Areté Human Resources at 818-885-2200 for assistance.
Arete AssociatesTucson, AZ
LegalView All Arete Associates Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.