Technical Publication Specialist 2
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ARES Corporation seeks an experienced candidate to support the operation, maintenance, and sustainment of the US Air Force's Launch and Service Contract (LISC). As part of this team, your work will directly support Vandenberg Air Force Base’s efforts to successfully launch rockets into space.
• The Technical Publications Specialist (TPS) will be responsible for supporting the development of end-user documents in accordance with the company’s strategies and Government standards through direct supervision. The position requires supporting publications from initiation to release. The TPS will:
• Identify and implement required Technical Manual (TM) development and changes using Adobe Frame Maker, Microsoft Word, and Adobe Illustrator based on a technical data package consisting of an Engineering Change Proposal (ECP), engineering drawings, and Logistics Management Information (LMI) data.
• Collaborate with subject matter experts, e.g., Operators, Engineers, Logistics Analysts, and Drafters to create technical publications, operating manuals, user guides, quick reference material, application and technical notes, training materials, etc.
• Assist with or perform in-process reviews, and Certifications and Verifications of Technical Manuals with operators, peers, and Customers.
• Coordinate and handle project publication activities, and provide guidance for the same to IPT members throughout the development lifecycle.
• Coordinate and support Engineering in the Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment. Requires participation in project meetings with direct Customer interface.
• Perform related duties as required, e.g., support to product support/integrated logistics functions.
• Perform data and configuration management activities associated with implementation of Technical Manuals.
• Ability to effectively work in a team environment; and, perform work and resolve problems with limited supervision.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills with specific emphasis on attention to detail.
• Proficiency with Adobe Framemaker, Illustrator, Acrobat Professional, and Microsoft Office applications, or other Desktop Publishing Programs.
• Working knowledge of materials, components, assemblies, computer, and peripheral hardware designs – parts.
• Familiarity with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools, e.g., Windchill or equivalent.
• Ability to travel to remote sites, e.g., Pillar Point Air Force Station, and Pt. Mugu.
• The flexibility to work occasional non-duty hours or on weekends to support specific project requirements.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance which includes U.S. citizenship or U.S. naturalization.
• Valid U.S. Driver’s License required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communication, English or related field; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Two years experience, preferably in a Sustaining or Development Engineering environment.
- Familiarity with S1000D authoring and publishing.
ARES offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. Full time employees may participate in:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- HSA/FSA Accounts
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
Security Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position will be Associate’s degree subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
ARES is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
ARES shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
All Federal contractor employees may be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 regardless of work location (including work from home). Full vaccination status is achieved two weeks after the final vaccine dose. This requirement does allow for certain reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons.
Ares Holdings Corporation
TechnologyView all jobs at Ares Holdings Corporation