Group Sales Associate
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WHO WE ARE
Arena Stage is the voice of American theater resident in our nation's capital. Focused on American artists, our productions are innovative and representative of stories from across the country. We nurture new plays and reimagine classics. We celebrate our democracy and diversity through a multitude of voices in our productions and community engagement programs to inspire people to action.
WHAT WE VALUE
A work culture that values experimentation and collaboration.
Excellence in all aspects of our endeavor.
Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Inclusion throughout the Organization and within our audience and the community.
Community Service through education and public engagement.
Lead effective partnerships and collaboration to serve artists and arts professionals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will be a member of the team responsible for marketing, sales, customer service and execution of group sales, events, and rentals at Arena Stage
Bachelor's degree required or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills (1-2 years experience required)
- Availability some evenings and weekends will be required.
Sales Experience (preferred)
- Experience or knowledge of theater, museum, or entertainment facility operations (preferred)
Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Proven ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple projects
- Provides operational support for the department: including generating contracts, reports, tracking and processing payments, provide information on Arena's group packages to inbound callers, selling seats, maintaining office supplies, printing, and filing group tickets
- Handle reservations and provide customer service to existing groups
- Research, contact and develop relationships with potential new groups
- Assist in the coordination and execution of special events for group clients
- Identify and cultivate partnerships with community organizations that would benefit from an affiliation with Arena, including fundraising organizations
- Assist in the creation, copywriting and editing of print and digital marketing pieces for group sales
- Occasionally provide customer service and extra group benefits (sometimes outside of normal office hours) as needed, including but not limited to assisting with large groups at the café/Concessions, in the theater during seating, and post-show discussions and meet and greets with artists in our productions
- Have thorough knowledge and understanding of performances being offered at Arena Stage; including but not limited to reading scripts, attending all Arena Stage productions, attending 1st rehearsal and design presentations, and taking advantage of other opportunities to become more familiar with performances as appropriate
- Assist in implementing and fulfilling the facility rental marketing plan, including coordinating email blasts and newsletters, researching new clients, and organizing marketing events
- Assist with inbound/outbound facility rental sales throughout the lifecycle of an event, including but not limited to hosting walkthroughs, capturing event information, drafting events paperwork such as preliminary proposals, diagrams, event memos, contracts, and invoices
- Support the Assistant Manager of Events and Rentals with event execution, and liaise with other Marketing staff and Arena departments as needed to fulfill financial, reporting, and other needs
- Other duties as assigned
COMPUTER SKILLS UTILIZED- Tessitura Software; TripleSeat; Wordfly; Excel; Word
- Must be a legal resident of the United States and be able to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that puts the health and safety of our staff and guest artists first. Proof of Vaccination for COVID19 required.
It is now increasingly clear that the best way we can protect our workplace and our employees moving forward is with COVID-19 vaccines. Vaccines have been proven to protect against serious illness from the novel coronavirus, as well as lessen the rates of transmission. Vaccines provide stronger, longer, and better protection against infection from the novel coronavirus than the antibodies a person produces after they've been infected with COVID-19. It is for all these reasons, plus the legal requirement by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's General Duty clause to provide each worker "employment and a place of employment, which are free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm," that we are implementing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for our workplace.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Get fresh Retail Capital jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.