Senior Analyst - Asset Management
- Posted: over a month ago
Arena Investors, LP (Arena) is a global investment management firm that seeks to generate attractive risk adjusted, consistent and uncorrelated returns by employing a fundamentals based, asset-oriented financing and investing strategy across the entire credit spectrum in areas where conventional sources of capital are scarce. Arena specializes in off-the-run, stressed, distressed, illiquid and esoteric special situation transactions through originations and acquisitions of asset-oriented investments across a wide array of asset types (including but not limited to private direct corporate credit, commercial real estate bridge lending, and commercial and consumer assets).
Quaestor Advisors, LLC (Quaestor) is an affiliated Special Servicer, which provides mid and back office services, including asset management, to Arena Investors and external clients.
Quaestor is looking to expand the Asset Management team through the addition of a Senior Analyst. In this role, this individual will support the senior members of the Asset Management Team and will report to the Head of Asset Management. The Asset Management Groups primary responsibilities include asset valuation, portfolio surveillance, and maximization of return for the firms investment portfolio. Ideal candidates will be organized, self-motivated, resourceful, and be able to work effectively with all internal groups.
- Support the Asset Management team, focused on portfolio account surveillance, monitoring, reporting and valuation with specific assignment to a JV relationship focused on acquiring and resolving residential non-performing loans in various portfolios. Take ownership of relationship with recurring collaboration with JV.
- Conduct comprehensive financial analysis and research of prospect and portfolio companies, in addition to the industries they participate in, specifically residential loans and REOs. Analyze performance of portfolios and individual assets compared to underwritten projections.
- Analyze management, cash flows, waterfall distributions, asset collateral quality/coverage, deal structure, covenants, and perform sector analysis to understand a given firms competitive position
- Generate detailed financial models, including those for projections, covenant sensitivity analysis, duration and IRR calculations, amongst others
- Continuously monitor assigned product sectors and portfolio companies.
- Draft internal memorandum on new investments, account amendments/renewals and other investment committee presentations
- Work with legal, financial, valuation and accounting advisors on account management, diligence and documentation
- Analyzes economic environment and its impact primarily on mortgage lending and borrowers
- Help to structure transactions and assist with closing deals/amendments, etc.
- Assist in the creation, implementation and documenting of process/procedural frameworks and file maintenance protocols.
- Ability to excel in an environment that fosters the ability to think broadly about the business, incorporating continual improvement of processes and procedures with a goal of excellence while focusing on accuracy and efficiency.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience desired
- MBA or CFA a plus
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills
- Strong modeling skills and the ability to think flexibly, while analyzing a variety of situations; comfortable
- and effective multi-tasker
- Undergraduate degree from a top institution a plus, with a record of academic achievement US GPA minimum requirement of 3.5
- Experience in a formal bank credit training or top sell side bank analyst program a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources
Arena Investors LP
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Arena Investors LP