Veterinarian Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Provides animal care by determining animal requirements.
- Conducts examinations and diagnostic procedures.
- Assists during operations.
- Performs anesthetic dental prophylaxis, dental radiology, and extractions.
- Feeds and cares for animals.
- Maintains supplies and equipment.
- Maintains records.
- Determines animal requirements by conducting examinations and interviews.
- Completes laboratory tests and studies and diagnostic imaging.
- Takes vital signs and collects samples.
- Administers medications, drugs, and vaccines.
- Bandages and wraps wounds.
- Supports animal examinations by assembling required supplies and instruments.
- Explains animal status to owners.
- Prepares surgery table instruments.
- Completes local/regional anesthesia.
- Places catheters and obtains blood gases as needed.
- Maintains sterile conditions.
- Obtains and verifies medications.
- Cleans animal cages and equipment
- Maintains safe, secure, healthy, and humane environment by sterilizing and wrapping instruments, sanitizing operating areas, verifying shelf life of medications, and complying with legal regulations.
- Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Veterinarian Technician Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of animal behavior
- Animal husbandry
- Love of animals
- Documentation skills
- Analyzing information
- Clinical skills
- Use of medical technologies
- Attention to detail
- Verbal communication
- Technical understanding
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of a two-year American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited program from a community college, college, or university
- Registered Veterinary Technician License
- Externship experience
Arena Animal Hospital
4321 Truxel Rd. Suite F5 Sacramento CA 95834Sacramento, CA
Get fresh Veterinary Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.