CDL Class A Truck Driver - Daily Route
Area Storage Greenville, NC
- Posted: over a month ago
- $14 to $15 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, medical
HOME NIGHTLY - We are seeking delivery drivers CDL Class A, CDL Class B and general delivery drivers
PODS Delivery Driver & Podzilla Operator (Wilmington/Rocky Point)
We are seeking delivery drivers CDL Class A, CDL Class B and general delivery drivers to continue to help PODS transform the moving and storage industries. The Delivery Driver is responsible for delivery and pickup of PODS containers to and/or from customer locations; provide an effective and incident free delivery or pickup of a container while maintaining excellent rapport with the customer.
Delivery Driver Key Responsibilities:
- Driving and operation of a truck with a patented lift mechanism to load and unload PODS containers at customer sites
- Accept add-on deliveries required to meet business needs.
- Use Smartphone for delivery verification and navigation.
- Operate a forklift
- Clean and inspect containers to be sure they are presentable for delivery to customer.
- Coordinate rental paperwork and payment with the customer.
- Communicate with the Supervisor on customer questions and/or issues; prepare driver notes as needed.
- Perform repairs and lift repairs of containers in the field and back at the warehouse
- Provide backup for warehouse functions when needed
- Maintain cleanliness of truck cab (keep free from debris inside and outside)
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Must be willing and available to work on Saturday
- Regular attendance and punctuality required
- Drivers license - Class A, B or C
- High School Diploma or GED
- Maintain a current/valid driver license from the state in which position is assigned.
- DOT Medical Card
- TWIC CARD or TWIC eligible
- Have no moving violations during the past three (3) years (insurance requirement)
- Must be at least 21 years of age (insurance requirement)
- Ability to pass a background check and a drug test according to company policy Possess a valid Medical Examiner's Certificate
- Ability to remain calm during tense or difficult situations
- Ability to act and react in a professional manner at all times with customers, co-workers and management
Area StorageWhy Work Here?
We are a forward thinking, fast paced, growing, self-storage company looking to expand our team.
Area Storage operates storage facilities along the east coast, servicing the Outer Banks of North Carolina, Virginia Beach and Myrtle Beach
1130 Mumford DriveGreenville, NC