To provide information, referral or assessment of consumer needs that link people with programs or services in an effort to maximize personal independence. Incumbents are responsible for provision of accurate information regarding programs that service the elderly, caregivers and vulnerable adults. These programs include, but are not limited to, support services, community based in-home services and access services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Proficient knowledge of Area Agency on Aging programs, eligibility, and service authorization.
2. Conduct intake for Adult Protection reports over the phone or through the online portal. Provide follow up as necessary or directed.
3. Provide accurate information, assistance and referral over the phone or in community setting.
4. Documentation that is concise, thorough and with minimal grammatical errors.
5. Ensure incoming calls are prioritized and answered in a timely and accurate fashion.
6. Link individuals to services and opportunities that are available within the community
7. Perform intake, reassessment, data entry and detailed documentation using approved database. A home visit may be required to complete this task.
8. Coordinate and monitor formal and informal service delivery
9. Schedule and conduct intermittent follow-up to ensure needed services are received, determine continued eligibility and make referrals.
10. Provide information and follow up to appropriate community resources in accordance to established guidelines.
11. Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
· Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Social Work preferred;
· License to practice social work in Idaho preferred, but not required;
· Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in service delivery to the disabled and elderly populations, including social, economic, and/or health issues of the elderly preferred, but not required.
Reads, analyzes, and interprets general business procedures. Writes reports and business correspondence. Communicates effectively both in oral and written form. Effectively presents information and responds to questions from diverse groups. Must possess active listening and interviewing skills; giving full attention to what another person is saying, taking time to understand, ask appropriate questions.
Apply reasonable understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems and situations involving several concrete variables in standardized situations and develop and implement solutions. Prioritize work time, sequence and research information to complete work assignments. Interpret different kinds of work situations and make decisions as to next step or draw conclusions. Must be able to multi-task projects and duties
Computer and Equipment Skills
Proficiency in the use of computer and all common office machines required. Ability to work with Microsoft Windows and Office or databases specific to the AAA. Adequate typing skills are necessary for this position.
Other Skills and Abilities
1. Capacity to be proactive, by anticipating needs and looking ahead at all times.
2. Strong interpersonal skills to manage a broad range of relationships with care, to read situations well, and to treat others with respect and humility.
3. Comfortable in an environment that is flexible and with circumstances that will require a tolerance for ambiguity.
4. Demonstrate ability to maintain consistent work ethic in all work-related duties.
5. Detail oriented with excellent customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills.
6. Ability to answer questions and/or complaints in a professional and timely manner.
7. Perform time management, scheduling functions and set program priorities.
8. Ability to research and collect resources necessary to complete designated task(s).
9. Ability to work independently.
10. Ability to collect data, conduct interviews and to form conclusions.
Condition of Employment
· Employee must successfully complete a criminal background check;
· Employee must have reliable transportation to be used during working hours;
· Employee must have a valid Idaho driver’s license, a good driving record, and proof of current automobile insurance.
Essential Physical Abilities
1. Sufficient clarity of hearing, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions, use a telephone, and communicate with clients, fellow staff and the public;
2. Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to visually assess clients and their environment, comprehend and prepare written work instructions, and maintain case files, documents, and text forms;
3. Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate standard office equipment and to physically assist older citizens when needed;
4. Sufficient body mobility, flexibility and balance, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits the employee to work in an office and field environment, including accessing the home environment of clients
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Area III Senior Services Agency complies with all Federal and State laws pertaining to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). The Area III Senior Services Agency is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Area 3 Senior Services Agency
Why Work Here?This agency provides solutions for seniors, people with disabilities and caregivers aimed at securing safe, healthy, community supported and independent living options through comprehensive information, assistance, advocacy, and planning efforts.
Opportunity to work with varied populations. Great benefits, work environment, and co-workers.