- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Arctic Compressor has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer to join our team!
About Arctic Compressor:
Arctic Compressor is a rapidly growing, family-owned manufacturing business located in Superior, Wisconsin that distributes its high pressure breathing air compressors and containment fill stations exclusively through a nationwide dealer network.
The Project Engineer position is responsible for all aspects of the engineering of components, products and systems for high pressure breathing air compressors, containment fill stations and related equipment with primary focus on new product development. The ideal candidate will be able to perform these duties in accordance with timelines, quality parameters, manufacturing capabilities, customer requirements and market needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate in a collaborative team environment guiding new product development efforts in a timely manner and within budget.
- Follow standard operating procedures, phase-gate product development process, engineering best practices and comply with relevant industry standards.
- Create 3D CAD models, print packages, and technical documentation.
- Create and revise Bill of Materials (BOM) to ensure build and cost accuracy.
- Perform accurate calculations and analysis to support your thinking.
- Coordinate the assembly and testing of prototype designs.
- Collaborate with the Production team to incorporate Design for Manufacturability (DFM) practices to ensure cost effectiveness and ease of assembly.
- Support resolution of customer, manufacturing, quality and technical issues in collaboration with other departments when required as a technical expert.
Requirements & Skills:
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years in a similar role preferred. An equivalent combination of work experience, training and/or education may be considered.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or a related discipline preferred.
- Skills: Self-starter with the ability to work hands-on using simple hand tools and power tools when required. Familiarity with fabrication, machining and welding is a plus but not required.
- Technology: Working knowledge of SOLIDWORKS or similar CAD system, PDM system, ERP/MRP software and MS Office.
- Reports To: Lead Engineer
- Position Type: Full-Time Salary
- Working Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Work Environment: This position primarily operates in a professional office environment using standard office equipment and also in a manufacturing environment that requires the employee to follow safety protocols and best practices.
- Travel: This position may require occasional travel including travel outside the local area and overnight.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Company Match 401k Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Life Insurance
- Growing Workforce with Advancement Opportunities
- Fun, Team-Oriented Atmosphere
Get fresh Project Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!