Senior Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer
Arcserve Salt Lake City, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Role and Responsibilities
Job Summary: The role will design and operate infrastructure that is reliable and scalable to maintain uptime and data integrity for our customers. In addition, the engineer will need to react quickly and correctly to address or avoid issues that might impact the uptime and/or data integrity of our solutions. This individual will be expected to learn new skills, technologies and business competencies. We work in a highly collaborative, hands-on, team environment creating a learning culture focused on growing our business.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Operate a scalable reliable server infrastructure with ability to see the process through from inception through production.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation of systems.
- Evaluate customer requirements and implement compliant engineering architecture designs and documentation.
- Operate and maintain systems in our corporate data centers and in public cloud (AWS, Azure, and Google).
- Provide technical input to software development team to ensure system design and delivery schedules are properly developed and implemented.
- Develop project plans and lead scoping and estimation discussions.
- Identify and troubleshoot issues while working with the team to efficiently solve problems and implement solutions. Perform root cause analysis of critical incidents, engineer permanent solutions, and coordinate implementation.
- Work with cutting edge technology to help define Backup as a Service (BaaS) and Data Recovery as a Service (DRaaS).
- Ability to do some travel if required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with Windows and Linux production support including network security.
- Familiar with OpenStack and KVM.
- Familiar with configuration and management of Network Switching etc.
- Ability to automate tasks using scripting (e.g. bash, Python, etc).
- Experience with hard disks/raid/storage controllers/filesystems/SAN.
- Knowledge of configuration management and monitoring tools such as Salt/CFengine/Chef, XYMON, and Nagios.
- Ability to produce detailed technical documentation and updated records of work performed while adhering to customer requirements and standards.
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills to work with clients, team members, and management staff.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Knowledgeable in storage and disaster recovery infrastructure and technology.
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills sufficient to meet project objectives.
- Capacity to work closely with cross-functional groups in a collaborative, team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
StorageCraft Technology Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
TechnologyView all jobs at Arcserve