Dispatcher Night Shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Local - Home every day!
- 401k with company match
- Paid sick days and paid holidays
- Medical - employer pays 100%
- Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Driver safety bonus
- Paid weekly
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Records and allocates all requests for delivery and pickup within established territories among the available drivers.
· Consolidates freight orders into truckloads for specific destinations.
· Selects vehicle route for efficient movement and prepares pickup and delivery schedules. Records all information for proper billing.
· Makes assignments of drivers and trucks. Calls in extra drivers when needed to handle unexpected volume.
· Maintains radio, phone and computer contact with trucks, receives and dispatches aid in response to any emergency needs for assistance or repairs.
· Record and maintain files and records of driver logs, dispatch logs, customer requests, equipment availability, assessorial charges, expenses, inventory, fuel and other dispatch information.
· Keeps vehicle inventory with accurate records of trailers being used for off-site storage to ensure proper billing.
· Supervises maintenance and repair schedules for all vehicles.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Three or more years of experience in warehouse and freight operations assisting with similar duties.
2. Excellent computer skills to keep accurate records of all vehicle movements. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel are vital. Must be able to compile formulas in Excel.
3. Ability to work efficiently under pressure and at a fast pace.
4. Good management skills in making driver assignments and developing cooperation among the team of drivers.
5. Good knowledge of geographical area to facilitate efficient routing.
6. Good time management and ability to multi-task.
7. Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
8. Good oral and reading comprehension.
9. Good oral expression and the ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
10. Good problem sensitivity to be able to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. Able to solve most problems or know when to escalate larger problems up to management.
11. Good active listening skills, gives full attention to what other people are saying and taking the time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
12. Must be able to multi-task in a high demand environment.
621 Utah StreetSaint Louis, MO
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Night Shift Dispatcher jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.