Arcis Golf is currently seeking a Membership Sales Director for Broad Bay Country Club in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Our purpose speaks to creating extraordinary experiences and forging emotional connections which provides ample opportunity for creativity and innovation. This role will appeal to someone who has an entrepreneurial spirit and is not afraid to take risks.
The Membership Sales Director is responsible for maximizing membership recruitment through the successful formation and execution of a strategic sales and marketing effort, as well as through the development and maintenance of relationships with existing members, stakeholders, competitors, local community leaders and other various sales prospects. The ideal candidate should have an established track record of success and comfortable utilizing professional sales and marketing skills to perform sales calls, generate qualified leads, execute marketing campaigns, and actively develop and participate in outbound sales activities and networking events to create top-of-mind brand awareness within the community on behalf of the Club.
This individual should also possess an in-depth understanding of the area market dynamics, specifically as it relates to private club membership recruitment. Responsible for enrolling new members into the Club at the minimum performance rate of achieving the Club’s membership sales plan.
Qualitative Objectives: (per monthly/annual Sales Plan)
- Number of Members enrolled
- Dues Added
- Net Members
- Initiation Fees
- Dues Income
Primary Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed annual Membership sales plan at two locations per each budget requirements by following Sales Standards/Best Practices
- Responsible for the development and execution of club prospecting/marketing plan targeting all membership market segments (Family, Junior Executive, Corporate, Tennis, Fitness, Social) quarterly and annually. Follow up, measure, and execute. Make changes as necessary.
- Networking inside and outside the club to obtain leads and build relationships with prospects, new and existing Members
- Maintain and keeps all records concerning membership including member database, matriculation, attrition, annual net dues, new dues added, initiation fees, forecasting, etc.
- Manage all sales activity, utilizing the company’s CRM system. Keep it updated.
- Implements all processes, programs and procedures relating to prospective members, membership applications, new member orientation program and club tours
- Conduct bi-annual competitive marketing analysis for development of strategies for attracting new members to the club
- Implement and support all company initiatives and programs as requested by management
- Follows policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to club level teams
- Attend all staff meetings and General Employee meetings as established by the General Manager. Work closely with the entire staff at the club to ensure the Membership recruitment is at top of everyone’s mind.
- 4 years college degree, extensive work experience or equivalent.
- A minimum of three to five years commissioned sales and marketing experience with a proven track record establishing marketing/prospecting programs to drive revenues while working in a team environment.
- One year of golf course/private club related work experience is preferred. Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
- Interpersonal skills
- Sales/negotiating abilities
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizational ability
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and CRM program
- Leadership and time management skills
- Self-motivated, driven and professional
- Golf knowledge is preferred
- Must have open availability to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced environment
- The Membership Sales Director represents the management of Arcis Golf. A positive image projected by this key staff member is essential. A neat and professional appearance must be maintained at all times, along with a respectful, open minded demeanor to reflect the philosophy of Arcis Golf to Members and outside contacts.
Broad Bay Country Club's superb golf, array of amenities and superlative service have earned it recognition among Virginia Beach's finest full-service private country clubs. Whether you are seeking a stunning locale for golf or tennis, a picturesque setting for dining and events, or a welcoming ambiance for sharing camaraderie and creating lifelong memories, we have what you're looking for.