Arcis Golf is looking to hire a General Manager for Clear Creek Golf Course in Houston, Texas.
Our purpose speaks to creating extraordinary experiences and forging emotional connections with our employees, members and guests. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong initiative and the ability to work cooperatively with and through people in order to complete tasks.
The General Manager leads and directs the golf course’s overall operation through maintaining quality standards, maximizing profits, developing and retaining employees and exceeding guest expectations.
Primary Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and direct all departments to include golf operations, food and beverage, sales, merchandising, and agronomy. Ensures all departments are achieving goals and maintain strong working relationships.
- Partner closely with the Corporate Revenue, Sales and Marketing teams to create and execute programming, marketing plans, sales and pricing strategies.
- Create and execute short term and long term operational and financial plans for the club.
- Responsible for the selection, development, leadership and retention of talented staff.
- Ensure compliance with the national programs such as Players Club, Core Beverage Program, Menu Program, Approved Product List and Beverage Cartender program.
- Monitor forecast and results on a daily/weekly basis and adjust as needed to achieve targets. Ensure proper controls are in place and being followed to accurately track revenues, payroll, inventories and expenses.
- Ensure staff is providing excellent guest service. Review guest and member surveys and feedback and determine appropriate plan of action if appropriate.
- Ensures golf course is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience in the golf, service or hospitality industry preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Effectively builds strong relationships, leads and develops a team.
Often mentioned in Houston as "the Best Conditioned Golf Course in South Houston," Clear Creek Golf Club ensures you will find not only a great golf course at a great value, but also one fun round! A laid back atmosphere and a friendly, professional staff that thrives on making every guest feel right at home, is just the start to an exceptional day on the course at Clear Creek.
Conveniently located close to downtown, The Medical Center and The Galleria, this 6,758-yard, Scottish Links course, designed by Finger, Dye and Spann, offers water on 5 of its 18 holes and is lined by beautiful trees around Tom Bass Park. Clear Creek provides a pleasant, yet challenging, round for golfers of any ability