Arcis Golf is looking to hire an Executive Chef for Ruffled Feathers Golf Club in Lemont, Illinois.
Our purpose speaks to creating extraordinary experiences and forging emotional connections with our employees, members and guests. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong initiative and the ability to work cooperatively with and through people in order to complete tasks.
The Executive Chef is responsible for directing and coordinating activities of the culinary department, lead the culinary team, and maintain established operational standards. The ideal candidate should have previous experience in a Chef leadership role, supervising others, good written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail in planning and organizational skills.
Primary Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure compliance with the national programs such as Menu Program, Approved Product List and Inventory procedures.
- Responsible for selection, development and retention of talented culinary staff.
- Ensure financial targets are being met and appropriate accounting procedures and monthly financial reviews are being followed consistently. If financial targets are not being met, provide an analysis of the problem and determine a specific plan of action.
- Observes and coaches workers in the daily operation of the kitchen to ensure quality and timeliness of product. Review guest and member surveys and feedback and determine appropriate plan of action if appropriate.
- Engineer all menus items to ensure quality and proper margins.
- Create and execute short term and long term operational and financial plans for the department to improve quality and financial results.
- Ensure kitchen is clean and sanitary and is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws.
- Creates menus as needed for events, custom events, daily features and so on.
- Identify and communicate successes and best practices to Regional Chef and/or VP Food & Beverage to help improve quality and financial results across the company.
- Maintains constant communication between departments and keeps other departments informed about special programs and events.
- Previous experience in a Chef leadership role
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree, Culinary degree or certificate preferred.
Certification and/or License Requirement:
- Food service permit as required by local or state government agency. ServSafe certification must be obtained within 30 days of hire.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizational ability
- Customer skills
- Computer skills
- Must have open availability to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced environment
- The Executive Chef represents the management of Arcis Golf. A positive image projected by this key staff member is essential. A professional appearance must be maintained at all times, along with a respectful, open-minded demeanor to reflect the philosophy of Arcis Golf to Members and outside contacts.
Anchored by its exquisite Pete Dye-designed championship layout, Ruffled Feathers Golf Club's remarkable amenities, superlative guest service and breathtaking natural setting have earned it recognition among the state's premiere daily fee golf properties. Whether you are seeking a stunning backdrop for golf with family and friends or a memorable locale for delicious dining and memorable events, we have what you're looking for.
Just named #171 on the newly released Inc. 500 list recognizing the fastest-growing private companies in America! Arcis Golf has positioned itself as a dynamic leader in the industry by consistently providing unrivaled amenities to complement diverse playing experiences for members and guests. Arcis Golf properties tailor each element of the golf and country club experience to a level of excellence that is targeted to exceed the needs and expectations of family, friends, co-workers and guests of all ages. Our purpose is to create extraordinary experiences and forge emotional connections with our members and guests, one round at a time. Our ideal employees are passionate servant leaders with an exceptional standard of excellence who collaborate well with all levels and exude contagious passion for their craft.