Business Systems Analyst (Dynamics)
- Posted: over a month ago
Business Systems Analyst Advanced
Reports to: Project Advisor or IT Manager Last Update: 5/17/2022
The business systems analyst acts as a day-today contact and communications bridge between the business operations and IT in order to improve effectiveness of business applications. Collects and documents information from users, analyzes business and system processes and procedures to determine root cause. Recommends and implements required changes to make effective use of the system.
Essential Duties (Approximate % of Time Spent)
List duties and group similar items that take up less than 10% of time (~nn%)
· Interview users of business applications and independently elicit, document, analyze and prioritize business applications requirements.
· Design system solutions by translating business requirements into system setup and/or configuration to positively impact the business.
· Develop functional designs, in support of system implementations, using System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and an implementation management methodology such as AIM.
· Develop and execute system test plans and plans for deploying applications into Production using ITL framework.
· Troubleshoot and resolve issues associated with the use or functioning of applications.
· Partner with developers and database administrators to correct issues in the use and/or functioning of applications.
· Evaluate user proficiency and provide guidance, assistance, and training to users of business applications.
· Create and present effective business cases.
Non-Essential Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
All employees shall be in compliance with the Archrock Health Safety and Environmental Policy and local, statutory and/or regulatory requirements at all times.
Skills and Abilities:
- perform all essential duties
- Strong problem solvers and communicator
- Working knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), ITIL and implementation management methodology such as AIM.
- Knowledge of assigned business function processes, terminology and interrelationships strongly desired.
- Understands the principles of business and IT strategy within the organization.
- Demonstrates commercial awareness in relation to the environment in which they work.
- Understands the principles of project management, system configuration and user acceptance testing and the link to requirements documentation.
- Understands business systems implementation issues.
Minimum Education and Certification:
· Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in Technology or Business
- 3-5 years of experience in technology related applications, supporting business applications, analyzing, recommending and implementing improvements, and developing and delivering training.
- Microsoft Field Dynamics experience is required.
- Business process development experience.
- May serve as a resource to others with less experience.
Physical Demands: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
Problem Solving and Innovation:
- Most assignments regularly require problem identification and resolution.
- Recommends solutions to non-recurring problems by analyzing, interpreting and devaluating various precedents and data.
- Anticipate and proactively soles moderately complex problems using internal and external resources.
- Expected to identify opportunities and to provide ideas, methods and innovations to enhance teamwork, efficiency and quality.
BusinessView all jobs at Archrock